Author Topic: Sorta Holmegaard, massive tips  (Read 5267 times)

Offline PatM

Re: Sorta Holmegaard, massive tips
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 11:12:17 pm »
Hard Maple typically refers to the two types of Sugar Maple.  Regular Sugar Maple and the slightly less frequently found Black Maple. Both of these are called Rock Maple or Hard Maple in the wood industry.
 I think most Basketball(and probably Squash) courts are made of this.
 The other large types of Maple tend to be noticeably softer wood. Silver, Red, Western, Mountain etc.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 09:19:14 am »
PatM has it right and most of the hard maple floors for the pro basketball teams are made right here in the UP of Michigan :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Dane

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 09:39:24 am »
Yooper courts? :)

Thanks, Phillip for your kind words.

Rick, the bow was sitting on that PVC bow rack by the target butts the entire day. Sorry you didn't see it.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Loki

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 03:09:38 pm »
Hey Dane,i'm glad you finaly got a shooter out of this design,i know how much you love it!The Bow look's great mate,happy shooting with it and send me some piccies of the meet! :).
Durham,England

Offline Dane

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 10:10:43 am »
Salve, Loki, and thanks. I felt a bit like Gallahad wandering a blasted landscape in search of the grail while trying to get a holmie that worked. Of course, I am far less chaste than him, but all's well that ends well, a somewhat famous writer once said.

This weekend for sure for those pictures, and I'll be posting the gathering photos on the boards, too.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts