Author Topic: bamboo backed and belly bows  (Read 23940 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: bamboo backed and belly bows
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 03:06:34 am »
robustus is an unusual name for a woman, but hey, nice work!
Better be careful Scott...or you will get the Parker Clan on your Arse....and they are all at least six foot Four...Built Like Linebackers...Karate Experts with Black Hair.....well at least one of them Is....Huh Eddie!!!!    >:D

James ...cool Bows....I guess I need to Try my luck at a Laminated Bow now!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

radius

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 03:21:12 am »
Mike, I couldn't help myself! 

Besides, way up here in the Great White North, I'm pretty sure I can get away with it!

Far East Archer

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 05:45:27 am »
Very pretty bows mate!
Tiller looks nice as well and your attention to detail shows  :)

If you not mind I ask, do you taper your bamboo lams?

Alex

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 07:55:56 am »
Mighty fine looking crop-o-bows, cuz.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 09:50:58 am »
Them's some fine lookin bows James! I gotta looooong way to go ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 01:00:54 pm »
Hmm, no sense in doing full draws for each of your beautiful bows. Obviously, you are a talented bowyer. So I bookmarked your laminates for June LBOM with one picture:

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline bowmo

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 01:30:08 pm »
good lookin stuff....i like the prestained wood in the overlays...had thought about that a couple times but always too lazy to do it...looks nice

dan

Offline horseapple

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 02:58:44 pm »
Nice looking bows James, either you've had an influence with Vinsons bows or his to yours.  Do you know a guy named Howard Middleton? 

JD

Badbill

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 03:37:54 pm »
Wow! I agree those are beautiful bows!  How did you do the tiger striping?

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 03:40:52 pm »
actually vincent met me when he was just 17 or 18 years old,he cut his first tree off my property and i helped him make his first hickory selfbow.after that he was hooked,he then wanted to become one of my students, at the time I was teaching primitive skills and bowmaking, flintknapping and such.  i've been teaching for over 28 years.  i've had many good teachers:  Steve Watts, Errett Callahan, Jack Cresson, Scott Silsby, and many others in primitive technology.  He also wanted to become one of my martial arts students, but because of his lack of discipline and respect for me, my students, and the school in general, he did not last more than four classes.  Although I did continue to teach him bowmaking and flintknapping through the years.  he actually became the best flintknapping student I ever had.  but yet again, with lack of respect and especially ethics he went his way, I went mine.  I will no longer teach him anything.  and to beat it all, he is my brother-in-law;  i am married to his sister Rebecca.  so if there is any influence whatsoever, i am the one that gave it to him, but thanks for your interest . . . .. robustus

Offline horseapple

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 05:46:11 pm »
Funny, you like something about his family:) I've also known Vinson since his teens yrs. seems like he has no path or tries to make his own.  Unlike you I'm not as close to him but have seen glimpses of what he could and have done in the past concerning archery and flintknapping, as mentioned in my earkier post do you know Howard Middleton from Florida? I just shipped a recurve to him and I think he talked about you in one of our conversations, and yes it was good things:)

JD Jones

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 07:02:46 pm »
sorry i fell bad about not remembering him, ive just met so many people i cant keep up,but im glad to see it was good things he said about me. so how long and how do you know vm?

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 09:00:17 pm »
Hey James, beautiful bows!! Are those new ones or some of the ones I saw back in turkey season? I've really been meaning to call you and get back up there to see you again and have my dad bring some of the fiddles he's made. Maybe I can get up there in the next couple weeks. I don't have any more of that rhyolite yet but I hope to go get more after July 4th sometime.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 09:23:34 pm »
wlr these bows are new,also i have a few recurves and static tips,and a couple of all wood short thumbring bows ,their just not finished yet ,when they are i will post.thanks for asking and good to hear from you....robustus

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 09:48:40 pm »
  James, did you get the PM about my thumbring shooting? PM's, Check messages up top or your PM's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?