Author Topic: Drew some good tags this year!!  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Titan_Bow

Drew some good tags this year!!
« on: June 13, 2008, 03:38:44 pm »
 So I actually drew all the tags that I was really hoping for this year!  I've got an archery Elk tag in CO unit 39,  a bighorn ewe tag for CO S32, and an eastern plains deer tag in CO unit 91 !!!   If I can fill just one of these I'll be ecstatic!    I've got a nice yew stave in the works as we speak, I'm shooting for a 68" flatbow 60lbs at 28. backed with deer rawhide and bullsnake skins, elk tip overlays. 
"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by

Offline huntertrapper

Re: Drew some good tags this year!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 04:08:15 pm »
aw good to hear sir, we only got 2 tags to be drawn for here in PA, like a raffle, an elk tag or a bobcat tag, but i hear from muzzleloader websites its hard to get drawn for those tags of the western states...
Modern Day Tramp

Offline david w.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 06:41:38 pm »
Congrats! I hope you fill all of those. :)

HT how many elk are in PA?
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 07:24:49 pm »
Good for you.  I hope you fill them all.  Can you afford that many good hunts in one year,  I can't. I don't know what Colorado's rules are for refusing tags, but in Utah if you refuse a tag you get your points back.  I told my wife that if I draw my Premium entry Elk and Desert Bighorn tags the same year I would give back the Elk tag and get my points reinstated.  This would allow me to dedicate all my time into finding the bighorn I want to shoot and spend a full month hunting them.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 08:01:18 pm »
david... not sure on the number but a good enough herd for some hundred or so hunters, usually i think a few are killed every year...
Modern Day Tramp

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 01:50:59 am »
.... I'm shooting for a 68" flatbow 60lbs at 28. backed with deer rawhide and bullsnake skins, elk tip overlays. 

naa...we don't believe that before we saw PICTURES!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline Little John

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 12:57:41 am »
Congrats Titan and good luck.  sounds like good hunting. I also got Colorado Deer and hope to get a bear by the first come first served way they are doing it now. Also an over the counter  either sex elk and cow only elk. If you can get the elk you have legal bear bait.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell