Author Topic: bow fishin  (Read 9115 times)

Offline recurve shooter

Re: bow fishin
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 10:38:59 pm »
nope. its a cajun red gravy made with fish.
lets just shoot it

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 11:08:25 pm »
jist figured it out. well, mommy did. its courtbouillon. cut it is pronounced cu-be-ou
lets just shoot it

Offline Andrea S

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 02:46:25 pm »
Those silly french/cajuns....so many letters for so few sounds!
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. -Abe Lincoln

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 10:00:54 pm »
wi fie we like to use all the letters in z alphabet
                                                 Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 07:41:15 pm »
 ahh, bowfishing. to be honest, i bought a kit. i saw, and shot, the biggest carp ive ever seen in my life with a red oak longbow, about 30 pounds draw. the arrow didnt fly straight, and penetrated about an inch sideways. i was so pist, i went to cabela's and bought the kingfisher bow. that came with literly everything. ive been harvesting them for a while, and it truely is a blast. you said you couldnt find any fish. my advise, dont look in the middle of a river. look in the shallower swampbeads and such, wll, i shouldnt say that. its hotter this time of year and ythey go deeper to get cooler temperature... well, in the spring go for that, but in the 95 degree summer just find a pond, or runoff pond, that is relatively shallow. they surface alot, and if its really weedy, you can see the carp through the weeds. ive actually never seen a gar in the water, but then again all of my bowfishing experience has been off of the shore. if i can give any advise, get a 30+ pound bow, and 3riversarchery sells a tape on reel for bowfishing. my buddy uses it, and it gets the job done. that, and i wouldnt really make my own fishing arrow, there only like 5 bucks and the heads are pretty cheap. if you snag the arrow, twist the line and the head will unscrew off. good luck man, i really suggest buying a reed, but you can tape a fishing reel on too, same principal. good luck -jimmy
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.

bow kid44

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 09:56:47 pm »
thanks