Author Topic: 3d target  (Read 6747 times)

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

3d target
« on: June 25, 2008, 11:53:05 pm »
i am goin to scoop up a new 3d target. just a simple deer target.  where is the cheapest place to get one with reasonable shipping.  any ideas?
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 3d target
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:59:17 pm »
Try your local Wal Mart or K mart or similar store. I bought one a few years ago at Wal Mart for less than $40.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:04:40 am »
I bought a Delta Backyard Buck from Academy for 59.00 last Spring when they were on Clearance...usually 79.00 ...so check your local Cabala's...Gander Mountain....or other Big Sporting Goods Stores first....then there is always eBay too..
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 08:40:09 pm »
thanks guys, the walmarts here are not very hunter friendly...although the next town over may have something they are more woodsy over there.  i did try ebay and didnt find much but maybe i wasnt searching the right thing... i was typing 3d deer target...you sure would think that some would come up..lol
Formerly "twistedlimbs"

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 10:01:32 pm »
  The next TBOF shoot in Ocala in August. They always have a silent bid for some of the older targets.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 08:05:58 am »
i thought about that silent auction, but thats tsill a bit away. i wanna get one soon, i shot my other clean in half.....and shot the ears off of it..hehehe
Formerly "twistedlimbs"

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 10:18:32 am »
i thought about that silent auction, but thats tsill a bit away. i wanna get one soon, i shot my other clean in half.....and shot the ears off of it..hehehe

I dont think you are supposed to be hitting it in the Ears!!!!

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 06:25:55 pm »
i would think an ear shot would work just fine,behind the ear is the brain.

put an arrow in the brain,you know its going down >:D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 07:20:20 pm »
Ryan Do a search for R and W targets. I think there in north Carolina. We just purchased 16 new targets from them this spring for our club, they are nicer than a McKenzie and quite a bit cheaper as well.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 07:21:40 pm »
 I pmed you a link.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 11:05:17 pm »
yes ear shots are the way to go ! pin them to a tree by the ear go up check em over if there not right , pull the arrow out hang a tag in the pre punched hole [check for next year]--------------> kick em in the keaster send em on there way . And off we go to find us another one thats the way we do it  in Mo  >:D yes sir so if your ever huntin in Missourri and you come across a deer with a tag in its ear  its probably one of mine  it will either be a shooter or a passer or one of farmer Bob fine black angus
                                                                               Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 07:31:03 pm »
gander mountian has the best prices (usually) as far a cabelas or bass pro shop. our walmart stopped selling guns, arrows, broadheads,bows, ect. but its worth checking there, especially if you live in a not very populated area. good luck, jimmy.
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.