Author Topic: In your own words!!!  (Read 4310 times)

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
In your own words!!!
« on: July 07, 2008, 04:32:04 pm »
Try to explain the infatuation we all seem to have with this thing we call primitive archery..I know it's more than just a infatuation.. But you get what I mean.. I am one of those people that when I'm riding down the road I see a tree and wander off into my own thought's of things like if I cut that limb on the right side and split it properly the very top stave off of it should pull at least 3" of natural reflex as it dries and the belly should have some really dense growthring's.. so on so forth.. :). I think we all have this life long affliction that is just under our skin that will forever be a part of us..
 I would like to here from you guy's in your own words..

Dave

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: In your own words!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 04:42:10 pm »
Sound like you need to check into Keenans bowaholic thread.  ;D
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 04:43:46 pm »
Sound like you need to check into Keenans bowaholic thread.  ;D

Sounds like a classic case, better hurry and make a appointment with Dr. Keenan for therapy :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 04:48:54 pm »
 There is hope but you have to make the first step and call it what it is,,,,,,,You have a disease ;D >:D  We'll keep an opening for you in the other thread there are people just like you that want to help :o

Offline Dano

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 05:25:54 pm »
There are some of us still in denile, we still like, dare I say it fiberglass :o
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 05:40:24 pm »
 :o :o :o dano, what is this.....fiberglass of witch you speak? is it some sort of cripling afliction? sounds like it to me. you should get help.  ;)

and back to the topic, im the same way. i almost got the cops called on me cuz i stopped at a guys house and asked him if i could have the ceder tree that the storm had blown over in his yard.

anyway, after some talking, i how have a cedar tree drying.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline knightd

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 06:36:25 pm »
I have it bad.. It must be a slow and mostly joyful death. ;D . I think I even like the sickness..
 I just the other day pulled into a construction site and grovelled and pleaded for 2 hickory trunk's they had taken down.. Should have seen us !! yes they ended up helping me get them in my full size conversion van...
 This fiber thing sound's like it would be a very painful death.. ;D
dave
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:40:49 pm by knightd »

Offline bowmunky13

• eat more human
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 07:11:00 pm »
yes... my nurse.....(wife) >:D says i am getting better.... she says that if i am a good boy i can even go to home depot again with her for the supplies we need to redo the table.... but she said if... and i cant promise a thing like that i mean... what happens when i get all my supplies and walk past the hardwood section... then i start itchin and biting my nails again.....then as soon as she turns her back... ha ha ha... board bow... red oak... 64 inches nock to nock american flatbow with 47 pounds at 28 inches and ohhhhhhhh look at the dowels... five sixteenths of an inch with home knapped.. ow... uhhhh why is the room spinnninnnnnnnnngggggggg ... this is bowmunky's wife.. sorry guys.. the phentynil will wear off in about four hours and he can talk after some electroshock aversion therapy...
death by natural causes

Offline sailordad

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 07:16:56 pm »
hey knightd,

you definatly have the disease,all of on here want to help you with it too.

so first of all you do need to see dr keenan,then you need to take all of your bow building materials and tools etc.,dived them up and send them to the rest of us
cause we got it bad too >:D

ya i do the same thing,look at trees and see all the bows that are in them,heck tonight i found out the house next door has been forclosed on,the guy that was there cleaning the place up said i could cut as many limbs out of the sugar maple and bl trees that are growing in the yard. damn i dont even own a chain saw,but my other neighrbow does,guess what i got planed for tonight. i see beer and chain saws and trees limbs hitting the ground.

good luck with your addiction,me its too late for

peace,
                                                                         tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 10:39:19 pm »
The archery part was just the starting point.  Now I'm scouring the roadside for plants for cordage, friction fire goods, dead turkeys, dead deer, shoots and boo for arras, not to mention everytime I hear a chainsaw I go running to the source.
Traverse City, MI

Offline sailordad

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 11:10:49 pm »
yup,

me thinks your like the rest of us, way too addicted to be cured ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline knightd

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 06:36:03 am »
so first of all you do need to see dr keenan,then you need to take all of your bow building materials and tools etc.,dived them up and send them to the rest of us
cause we got it bad too

:o :o sailordad you just aint right.. ;D .. 

Beer and chainsaw's ... Can I come!!!!!!!

dave

Offline NTProf

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 03:01:27 pm »
The other day in church I caught myself studying the rings structure of the wooden pew in front of me rather than listening to the sermon.