Author Topic: build along  (Read 2812 times)

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
build along
« on: July 11, 2008, 06:55:03 pm »
hey guys if i needed help who of you would come and help me do a buildalong? im no good at this computer stuff.........robustus

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: build along
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 07:45:25 pm »
James, man I'd love to see you do a build along on one of your boo backed and belly bows - or whatever kind of bow you had in mind ;D.
 Pretty much start a post in the how to's and build along section - post pic's and explain what you are doing as you progress.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 09:17:29 pm »
We'll talk you through it, James. Like cowboy said, just start it up in the how-tos and buildalongs forum, and if you get stuck, give us a holler. Looking forward to seeing it.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

DBernier

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 09:24:54 pm »
Hi James. I have done a few build-a-longs relating to RC Subs and RC Model airplanes. The key is to have the camera at your fingertips at all times along with a pad and pencil. Take lots of photos of every step as you go along. Upload the photos each day and print them to a CD. Becca could be a big help in that she can take the photos while you are doing the work. Edit and review the photos and write the build-a-long while doing this. The photos, in chronological order, will help you remember the steps and points you want to make along the way. Be sure to identify the photo in your preliminary instructions so you know which ones to upload to the web site. Wish I was closer. The only thing I can offer is a weekend at your place and help photographing the steps, using my laptop to edit the photos and committing them to CD. Email me or call if you think I can help.

Dick Bernier
Mebane NC
1 336 562 3700 H

radius

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 03:55:53 am »
you have all the advice you need already...posting how=to's is way easier than making bows! 

One thing i hope you include is a picture of that jig you once referred to, where a piece comes out of your planer with two tapers in it/

Thanks, Scott

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 05:50:08 am »
hey James.. If we can get a good time and day I could come up and give you a hand.Not a computer genius myself but we could limp our we through it..

Dave

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 09:18:06 am »
Hey James, I'd love to see a build along for one of your bows. I'm no computer person myself but I could come over and see if I could help out. Did you get your website back going yet?

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!