Author Topic: Pennsylvania trad, bow festival  (Read 4163 times)

Offline huntertrapper

Pennsylvania trad, bow festival
« on: July 27, 2008, 11:08:15 pm »
was anyone from the east at the festival?...it was great i purchased an elm selfbow...my dad got setup with some good hunting arrows and bought himself a curve, i saw a good bit of selfbows and primitive bows and arrow, lots of sweet shootin bows and good target courses, they had the saluki horseback bow shoot, Mr.Asbell was there flintknapping was goin on too, neat stuff any of you fellas there?
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
Re: Pennsylvania trad, bow festival
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 11:47:54 pm »
Can't say I was but it sounds like fun.  Sounds like your dad has jumped into the primitive side with both feet.  Good job.

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 12:27:24 am »
sounds like some good doins, look forward to some pics of you and your dad with some meat this year.. keep to the good road Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 09:47:53 am »
Huntertraper, I was there thursday morning till sunday afternoon. Sorry I missed you. Did you camp there?
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline The Burnt Hill Archer

• Potter County, Pennsylvania
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 05:54:54 pm »
i was there too, but only for saturday morning :'( i finally me Ryan, Adam Kieper, and Hole in the bow Chuck.
Your right it was a great time, and the one course was especially cool. I think they called it Cardiac Ridge. and for good reason! i only lost one arrow the whole time too!

I didnt see quite as many selfbows as last year, but it might be that i was actually shooting this time around. Ill be camping for sure next year.

Phil
stalk softly, and carry a bent stick.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 04:09:48 pm »
we were there friday and saturday, we didnt camp though we have a cabin in germania about 20 minutes away from denton, but it was a great time one of my first times being around the things that mean the most to me, and yeah my dad was in heaven too, he is even considering gettin a stave and "goin to work"! hes thinkin hickory right now, and yes the way we were shootin the past few days, we might be makin some meat! lol  :P
Modern Day Tramp