Author Topic: A new quiver for Helene  (Read 5216 times)

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
A new quiver for Helene
« on: July 13, 2008, 12:25:23 pm »
Hi All,

For some time I have been carrying most of Helene's arrows when we go on a shoot, because her current quiver is only very small (she is usually a better shot than i, so doesnt need many).  After some prompting, and some inspiration from you guys, I decided to try a little leatherwork for the first time.  So here is Helene's new quiver, plain and straightforward in dark brown veg tanned leather.  The overall design was to make it as easily as possible, with as little stitching as possible.  In the end I used black B50 for the main stitching, with leather thonging for the more obvious stitches.  The design was made from a single piece of leather.  The spacers / arrow separators were fashioned from offcuts of yew with a danish oil finish. If any of you have any suggestions for future my leatherwork, please leave a comment.

I've added a picture of the model that I made in thin card first but the picture is very poor.......

//Bob

[attachment deleted by admin]
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

radius

Re: A new quiver for Helene
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 02:25:17 pm »
Cool work man...if Helene doesn't like it, let me know: I'll give you my address!

Scott

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 02:26:01 pm »
Nice work, Bob. I like the spacers in your(wife's) quiver. I did the same with a side stalker type I use for 3D shoots.  Now she can be the arrow caddy and you can just concentrate on shooting! ;D   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 06:35:50 pm »
I see nothing wrong with that

Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:27:55 am »
very nice job!  ;D
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 09:40:03 am »
Thanks for the comments guys. I now have a load of leather from a local car-trimming warehouse (an unexpected resource for raw materials!), plus I have a coupla skins, so I might have a go at one of the fur quivers some of the other guys have done.  This site provides me with endless inspiration to get off my butt...!

But that one will be for me to use  ;D

Cheerz, Bob
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Phillip K

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 08:53:20 pm »
Hey Bob, Thats a nice quiver. I was thinking about making somthing like that out of a cow rawhide.Sorry about that Bob,typed Ryans name instead.PK
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:24:31 am by Phillip K »

Badbill

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 10:11:49 pm »
All I've made so far is back quivers, but you have inspired me to try a side quiver. Real nice work.
Bill