Author Topic: HOT DOG I DONE IT!!!  (Read 10572 times)

Offline FlintWalker

Re: HOT DOG I DONE IT!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 08:48:02 pm »
Thanks again guys. I stopped by a friends house today who ownes a glass business. He gave me about 6 square feet of 1/4" glass, some clear, some tinted.  Turns out what I made that point out of was 3/16" thick instead of 1/4". 
  He gave me a glass cutter too. I tried to pay him, but all he wanted was a point a piece for his two girls.
  He said he would get me some 3/8" if I wanted it.
  Who knows, if I can get a few decent points out of this stuff, I might just try them out this fall on some game. ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 12:00:38 am »
The dumpster behind a glass company is a good source of knapping material.  ;) Also the glass from a glass top table that you use to iron on a T shirt transfer. :o ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 01:23:50 am »
Hey! We got glass blowers on the island here. Think I could raid their scrap bins?
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 04:20:55 pm »
I borrowed ::) some big balls and chunks of glass from a place in Midlothian that sold it to dinnerware company's. All colors, but the flat stuff works a lot easier.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 12:07:57 am »
Come on Pual! Blade core them!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 07:29:51 pm »
David, you want em :)? All I gots is boppers, no saw. Your obs is a lot nicer than that glass anyhow - maybe I'll add em to my next rock project, that usually looks pretty cool ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 07:34:17 pm »
Nice point brother! I wish my secind point looked that nice... Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 03:55:51 pm »
David, you want em :)? All I gots is boppers, no saw. Your obs is a lot nicer than that glass anyhow - maybe I'll add em to my next rock project, that usually looks pretty cool ;).

Nah! Got enough glass here on the island as it is!

Dingleberry

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 10:11:50 am »
Bravo.  What a sweet source for glass.