Main Discussion Area > Your Feedback on Primitive Archer Magazine

Thanks PA and Ed Ingold

(1/6) > >>

Marc St Louis:
Following the recent stream of discontent surrounding certain articles in the Primitive Archer magazine I thought I would write this little thank you note to thank Ed for all the work he does to make this magazine happen. 

I have written many articles for this magazine and therefore I know how hard it can be to get thoughts and words organised in a cognisant way.  I can therefore imagine the difficulty and admire the major organising and editing skills required to get this magazine out for all you guys to read. 

Now there are some people out there that just don't seem to be able to appreciate the difficult job Ed has and are very vocal in their displeasure.  Instead of trying to put down this magazine those people should take a hand in making it better.  This is not done by trying to tear the magazine down but by writting some good stories of their own.  This magazine is unique but because of its uniqueness and much smaller interest group it makes it much harder to make a living at and everybody needs to make a living.  Some people just don't seem to be able to understand that concept, or maybe they just don't care.  To these people all I can say is be a part of the solution and not another problem.

In any case, thanks Ed and regardless of what a minor few may say you are doing a great job.

P.S. You can respond to this post even if you disagree but if you do so keep it civil and respectfull or else I will remove your posts and lock it down.

Cromm:
Hi, what a great letter/note. I love the PA website and mag. So keep it up good people!!!! Thanks for your time.

DanaM:
Well put Marc, instead of complaining about the magazine, make it better by contributing your knowledge and experience with the rest of us.
As I said in the other thread their are article in PA that don't interest me so I either skim them or just don't read them. I would love to see more
articles on flintknapping, harvesting plants and processing the fibers for cordage, weaving baskets, birch bark uses and so on. I for one will continue my
subscription to PA. Thanks Ed and Sarah for your hard work :)

Marc St Louis:

--- Quote from: DanaM on July 20, 2008, 12:58:02 pm ---Well put Marc, instead of complaining about the magazine, make it better by contributing your knowledge and experience with the rest of us.
As I said in the other thread their are article in PA that don't interest me so I either skim them or just don't read them. I would love to see more
articles on flintknapping, harvesting plants and processing the fibers for cordage, weaving baskets, birch bark uses and so on. I for one will continue my
subscription to PA. Thanks Ed and Sarah for your hard work :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks Dana and you are right in adding Sarah to this, something I should have done as well. 

Thanks Sarah

hawkbow:
 Glad to hear some kind and heartfelt words cocerning the very magazine we all love... Ed and everyone at PA work extremely hard to put each issue together and the contributing writers put their heart and soul into every article for all to enjoy.. We don't all have to agree in order to share in the wisdom and adventure published on the pages of our magazine..Well said brothers! Hawk a/ho

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version