Author Topic: Thanks PA and Ed Ingold  (Read 69151 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Thanks PA and Ed Ingold
« on: July 20, 2008, 10:54:05 am »
Following the recent stream of discontent surrounding certain articles in the Primitive Archer magazine I thought I would write this little thank you note to thank Ed for all the work he does to make this magazine happen. 

I have written many articles for this magazine and therefore I know how hard it can be to get thoughts and words organised in a cognisant way.  I can therefore imagine the difficulty and admire the major organising and editing skills required to get this magazine out for all you guys to read. 

Now there are some people out there that just don't seem to be able to appreciate the difficult job Ed has and are very vocal in their displeasure.  Instead of trying to put down this magazine those people should take a hand in making it better.  This is not done by trying to tear the magazine down but by writting some good stories of their own.  This magazine is unique but because of its uniqueness and much smaller interest group it makes it much harder to make a living at and everybody needs to make a living.  Some people just don't seem to be able to understand that concept, or maybe they just don't care.  To these people all I can say is be a part of the solution and not another problem.

In any case, thanks Ed and regardless of what a minor few may say you are doing a great job.

P.S. You can respond to this post even if you disagree but if you do so keep it civil and respectfull or else I will remove your posts and lock it down.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Cromm

Re: Thanks PA and Ed Ingold
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:40:00 am »
Hi, what a great letter/note. I love the PA website and mag. So keep it up good people!!!! Thanks for your time.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 12:58:02 pm »
Well put Marc, instead of complaining about the magazine, make it better by contributing your knowledge and experience with the rest of us.
As I said in the other thread their are article in PA that don't interest me so I either skim them or just don't read them. I would love to see more
articles on flintknapping, harvesting plants and processing the fibers for cordage, weaving baskets, birch bark uses and so on. I for one will continue my
subscription to PA. Thanks Ed and Sarah for your hard work :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 02:34:26 pm »
Well put Marc, instead of complaining about the magazine, make it better by contributing your knowledge and experience with the rest of us.
As I said in the other thread their are article in PA that don't interest me so I either skim them or just don't read them. I would love to see more
articles on flintknapping, harvesting plants and processing the fibers for cordage, weaving baskets, birch bark uses and so on. I for one will continue my
subscription to PA. Thanks Ed and Sarah for your hard work :)

Thanks Dana and you are right in adding Sarah to this, something I should have done as well. 

Thanks Sarah

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 02:43:56 pm »
 Glad to hear some kind and heartfelt words cocerning the very magazine we all love... Ed and everyone at PA work extremely hard to put each issue together and the contributing writers put their heart and soul into every article for all to enjoy.. We don't all have to agree in order to share in the wisdom and adventure published on the pages of our magazine..Well said brothers! Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 04:05:36 pm »
We better say thanks to Marie also wouldn't want her to feel left out :o After all she has to try and keep us chuckleheads in line :D

Thanks fer yer hard work Marie ;D

"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Manager

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 09:46:32 pm »
Thank you for thanking me :)  I appreciate it

I agree in thanking Ed and Marie..

Ed does a fabulous job with the editing and the articles and the covers!!

Without Marie, there would be not be a  message board or website.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 10:23:02 pm »
Yes thank you Marie, our local constabulary   ::)

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 10:52:48 pm »
  Yes Mam, And down here , Polecia. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 02:21:27 am »
Well said Marc...and others. I subscribed to PA after seeing an ad in Traditional Bowhunter, way before PA Magazine came out. I immediately sent in a subscription. I knew it was what I was looking for and I have never been disappointed. There are times I voiced my opinion about something I wasn't happy with, but hopefully I helped remedy the problem or at least I accepted it as the way it is...like it or lump it...and I like it! 8)
   To Ed, Munroe, Sarah and Marie, thanks guys. You are the best!!! you have kept our magazine and web site going with lots of excellent info to help support our addiction, and we appreciate ya'll for it!  8)      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

ThimoS

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 05:40:10 am »
I totally understand and appreciate where your coming from Marc. And your right.

Well I'm done arm-chair quarterbacking on my end. This magazine has been a great asset from the very start of my bowyering journey.

Offline adb

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 11:24:25 am »
You're either part of the solution, part of the problem, or part of the scenery. If you so choose, advocate for change in a positive and constructive manner. Enjoy the articles that interest you, skim the rest. Everyone has something to contribute.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 07:19:26 am »
Well said Marc,and a big thanks to Ed,Sarah and Marie and all the others that help put it togeather and keep it going.I for one enjoy it,sometimes there are articles that at first glance I'm not interested in but usually read them anyway and find out I really was.Keep up the good work. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 09:32:43 am »
I agree whole heartedly with your message Marc! This is a very unique magazine and website that compliment each other well

Thanks to all , Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 01:30:08 pm »
Right on, Marc! Being editor is like being President...you just can't please everyone. There always seems to be a good balance of different material, and I enjoy all of it... ;D
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com