Author Topic: Discussion: Survival  (Read 25172 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Discussion: Survival
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 09:44:40 pm »
  If you are shooting 22's, head shots are usually a 1 shot deal. One shot is hard to locate from the noise, trust me , I know, thank goodness. Ahh,, fantasy is fun, We're all going to drown from Global Warming anyway.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 01:44:37 am »
Only those that live in Florida!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 07:55:09 am »
A 22 CB short has just enough power to brain a deer and drop it where it stands, I have done it a couple of times and it is more quiet than most high  powered air rifles.  One thing is for sure, the barter system would be alive and kickin.  I reload my center fires except fpr the SKS and usually keep enough bullets, powder, and primers to load several thousand rounds.  I even have stuff for a few calibers that I no longer own.  If push comes to shove, I would use the best that I had, whether it is a rifle, bow  or butcher knife.

Offline agd68

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2008, 12:34:50 pm »
Their way of looking at the sitation is no different than their forfathers 1000 years ago. Primitive skills is a matter of perspective. Man has never been primitive, He has always uesd the cutting edge technology of his time.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline Kegan

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2008, 07:22:02 pm »
A 22 CB short has just enough power to brain a deer and drop it where it stands, I have done it a couple of times and it is more quiet than most high  powered air rifles.

Really? I can believe it though. How far away would it be effective? If you had a good steady .22 and knew how to stalk, you could probabaly be better off (you could still hear more deer after a few months of hunting ;) :D) than anyone else. Except for a shotgun, there aren't alot of guns that can kill all sizes of game without wasteing alot of meat.

Offline madcrow

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2008, 10:39:48 pm »
I was in one of those places where you don't want to draw attention to yourself.  I could literally see the parking lot for the city police dept from where I was at.  It was 100 yards away.  I dropped one with a direct brain shot one day at twenty yards and the next day I dropped another at twenty eight yards with a shot to the corner of the eye.  I did not want to risk the bullet not penetrating the skull.  The second day there was two cops in the parking lot talking when I shot.  They never even looked my way.

Minuteman

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2008, 11:04:50 pm »
Were you doin depredation for a municipality ? Or are you just some kinda suburban deer slayin ninja redneck feller? ???

Offline madcrow

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2008, 11:12:37 pm »
I will have to say the later, but only because I understood it.

Offline david w.

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2008, 11:29:32 pm »
i would eat my little sister first....
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

gene roberts

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 01:46:49 pm »
Hmmm. That is interesting... }I would have never imagined that, but yall do havce a point...

Minuteman

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2008, 10:02:03 am »
WE HAVE A POINT? WHERE? ???

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2008, 10:25:16 am »
I suspect cannibalism in the general population would start with in the first month or so. Vegies would probably begin eating people first, claiming they were doing their part to lower the population and save the earth or some other equally absurd environmental claim.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2008, 03:49:54 pm »
I suspect cannibalism in the general population would start with in the first month or so. Vegies would probably begin eating people first, claiming they were doing their part to lower the population and save the earth or some other equally absurd environmental claim.

Doesn't sound absurd. Let them eat people. Means more tree rat for me >:D!!!

I think cannibalism would be a good thing. All the stupid people would eat each other and leave the necessary resources to the people who got a clue :D.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2008, 04:48:20 pm »
You mean y'all don't already eat tourists? Fat, tender, and plentiful- perfect food source.  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 05:02:54 pm »
You GUYS are Sick!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) HA
Modern Day Tramp