Author Topic: ft sill hunting  (Read 4345 times)

Offline armymedic.2

ft sill hunting
« on: July 20, 2008, 02:31:37 pm »
hey all, sorry i haven't been on much but i am at fort sill now getting ready to go overseas.  it appears i will be able to hunt pigs here in the next few weeks before we go (my colonel is a hunter....role with the big brass  >:D), so we were wondering if anyone had experience with the area, or knew where we could rent some bows or anything that might be helpful to us havin' a little fun.  i have taken a pig with a shotgun, and he has never hunted them before, so it should be a hoot trying to down one with stick and string in our stolen off time ;D   
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.

Minuteman

Re: ft sill hunting
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 04:19:11 pm »
Ft. sill huh? Sorry bout that. Its the freaking arm pit of the world if you ask me.  ;)Spent some time there in the mid 80's.
 I'd get on tradgang and ask the same question . There's probably someone thats willing to get a soon to be deployed soldier on some critters. :)

Offline armymedic.2

Re: ft sill hunting
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 09:04:53 pm »
yeah, ft sill is not the best, better than fort drum though.   one of the er docs here has hunted pigs here before so he gave me some tips on hot spots.  should be going sat, so ill post if anything is worth while.  thanks for the reply!
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.