Author Topic: Had an Idear  (Read 8834 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Had an Idear
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 07:13:04 pm »
Haha...we send the new guys to the basement for the micro-genetic-torque wrench lol..and we aint got no basement either 8)....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline DanaM

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 09:20:00 pm »
Leave to you guys to make fun of my idear ;) Here I was totally serious and you guys have to
just go and be juvinile about it :P
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline david w.

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 10:14:19 pm »
Yooper+Idear=injury ;D
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline cracker

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 10:40:44 pm »
Gramps used to make his own fishing poles out of canes and hang them in the barn so the small end was down tie a couple of bricks to that end. Let  it dry and tada perfectly straight fishing pole.
R.C.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 01:56:22 am »
Dana,
 How 'bout using those wire pulling socks to hold onto the shafts when stretching them? Not sure if'n they'd hold but they sure hold onto wire. Sorry I had to go and get serious, but you may just have something here.

John
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 06:59:32 am »
Yup exactly what I was thinking John, Chinese Finger Traps. Have to go to the hardware store and see if they have any.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 11:22:30 am »
  It would probally take less time to straighten them with heat.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 11:35:10 am »
  It would probally take less time to straighten them with heat.

Yer probably right eddie but what fun is that when you can build a contraption to do it :D

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 11:47:43 am »
  You building tools or arrows? :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 11:50:30 am »
Hmmmm maybe both :)

Manistique, MI

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2008, 09:53:19 pm »
Yooper+Idear=injury ;D

same goes for rednecks my friends, only our ideas tend to be slightly more.....explosive. ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 10:32:01 am »
Dana, I think you are over thinking this. This weekend at the camp-o-rama, Chris Cade gave me 6 hand straightened cane shafts that took him less than an hour to straighten. With a little practice anyone can do the same.
   The interesting thing about any of this hand made stuff is how it gets the human brain aworkin". There are many ways to skin a cat(I should know  ;D )! Some more difficult than others but none necessarily the wrong way.  ;)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 11:18:33 am »
Probably right Pat but if a guy wanted to large quanities it might be practical with that said I'm not going to waste my time messin with it,
but I thought maybe someone with lots of time might undertake it for me ;) ;D

Manistique, MI