Author Topic: Primitive Quest  (Read 12565 times)

Minuteman

Re: Primitive Quest
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 03:02:34 pm »
Yeah I think I would invest in some sort of water purifier or those tablets they make to make crick water drinkable. You might wanna make sure theres no farms up stream or older houses. I know for a fact that alot of older homes have no septic fields. That means fecal matter in the water you are drinkin.. Yuck.  :P
 Also let somebody know the general area where you plan to go and when you plan to be back ( latest date) so they know when to come looking for you in case the Sasquatch takes you captive or you fall and break a leg or something. Bein smart means bein prepared.
 Have a ball and let us know how it goes. :)

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 03:45:23 pm »
thanks guys...i thought about buyin a small water purifer so i dont have to carry any water... and yeah my parents will know the area im in especially my dad becuaee most areas we go to he knows like i do and could find things in the dark... ;D but labor day weekend it looks like ill be doin the trek, i need a good one i failed my drivers license test again!  ;D so i need to get away... :D :D

Offline Kegan

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 03:46:59 pm »
And don't forget, if for some reason big foot does give you trouble bonk him on the head and eat him.

He is a critter after all ;).

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 03:47:28 pm »
woops thats my dads PA name but it was me HT on his posting that! ha

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 11:56:05 am »
Hey ! DONT YOU BE BONKIN MY KIN FOLKS ON THE HEAD NOW !
 Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 01:42:51 pm »
 I would invest in some water purification tablets or boil your water good... I have had the misfortune of Girardia and let me tell you it is no fun .. I almost died trying to get back to civilization with those little parasites eating away at my guts... better safe than sorry... Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline michbowguy

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 03:45:51 pm »
dont invest in the tabs, get unscented clorox all purpose chlorine bleach.
2-3 drops per liter, depending on clarity and if you are drinking from a pig wallow!
i like to use a mil surp canteen,u can use a gourd or sheep bladder,whatever floats yer boat...but just keep adding drops until it faintly smells of chlorine and not "muck"

just shake and let stand for a bit..

but before you collect it you shoud make a sort of sand filter and layer it inbetween leaves to get all the larger junk out.

before you leave practice on your fire making techniques.
when you get where you plan on staying for the night or cooking..start to make your fire right away.
you may run into snags along the way.
keep your flames low or dig a sort of pit for good longlasting coals...no whitman fires k!
im also a survivalist..of sorts ;)
jamie

Offline DanaM

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 03:54:38 pm »
I advise against the chlorox method, Giardia and cryptosporidiun cysts are highly resistant to chlorine, the only way to truly be safe is boil yer water for a minimum of
15-20 minutes. I do know a little about water treatment after all I went to college for it :) My advice is carry in at least a gallon of clean drinking water and if necessary boil clear water as needed after that. Having been on a few survial trips before I would also recommend bringing some emergency high energy rations in case of unforseen accidents. You never know what can happen and its not worth your life of health just to go native for a few days. Make some pemmican bars if you want to stay away from modern power bars and such. Remember the unexpected can happen and the best laid plans are useless when something bad happens, as the scouts motto says "Be Prepared"
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 06:18:10 pm »
thaks guys and dand i appreciate your help i think ill get myself a small water purifier

Offline Zach Roberts

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 11:51:57 pm »
Good luck man...I hope YE Olde Longbow aids in the fight against Bigfoot.
"If you ain't first...you're last"

"If you're not living on the edge,You're takin up to much space"

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 02:34:46 pm »
I would recommend aqua pure brand purifing tablets over a filter.  They are much easier and faster to use and cheaper.  Filters and purifiers have parts that can break or become lost. 
Traverse City, MI

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2008, 05:11:53 pm »
ok thanks ill look into it rick an thanks Zach i think my longbow can handle a bigfoot... :D

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2008, 05:13:17 pm »
again its me posting as predatorcaller i keep forgetting to get offf my dads name... :D
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Zach Roberts

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2008, 05:28:10 pm »
If it is no "modern" things then I would use the boiling the water method....My opinion
"If you ain't first...you're last"

"If you're not living on the edge,You're takin up to much space"

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2008, 08:22:59 pm »
hunter trapper- you can get those tabs pretty much anywhere they sell camping gear.
Traverse City, MI