Author Topic: KITH  (Read 129040 times)

Offline woodsman1031

Re: KITH
« Reply #270 on: November 06, 2008, 12:27:37 pm »
Hello,

Guys, I am not worried about not getting a knife from Radius. I appreciate yall thinking of me, but please dont feel like I am going to not participate again or anything like that. I dont expect anyone to send me a knife.

This is part of life, and I am NOT going to let it steal my sunshine ;D.

I understand that Radius has fallen on some hard times. I hope that everything works out for him in the future, I have NO hard feelings for him whatsoever. I am going to continue participating in every KITH and Christmas trade that I can on this forum.

Thanks
Tommy
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 12:36:03 pm by woodsman1031 »
Jesus Saves!

radius

« Reply #271 on: November 06, 2008, 01:53:49 pm »
Thanks Tommy,

And i actually found some new work...it's not great work, or very well-paying, but it's something...now i just need to arrange some shop time somewhere and see what I can come up with...

radius

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #272 on: November 07, 2008, 06:25:35 pm »
Tiller, your knife is on it's way. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy the one I got from you.
I can't post pics at work anymore, so if you could when you get it that would be great. If you can't I can post them from home.

John
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #273 on: November 07, 2008, 08:15:45 pm »
Thanks! I will try to barrow a camera to put them on the board.  Cant wait to see it!

David
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

radius

« Reply #274 on: November 09, 2008, 04:43:22 pm »
well my kids came over this weekend and i showed them the knives you guys made.  My elder son really loved DanaM's stone knife, while his little brother thought sailordad's steel knife was cool.  He said, "Doesn't look very sharp," then proceeded to drag the blade across his thumb and cut himself!  God, was that ever funny !!!  (just a little cut) and for the rest of the day we made dumb jokes like, "That car's not going very fast" or "This gun ain't loaded"....

Offline DanaM

« Reply #275 on: November 09, 2008, 05:45:40 pm »
Glad you like the stone knife Scott :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline sailordad

« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2008, 09:14:03 pm »
Hello,

Guys, I am not worried about not getting a knife from Radius. I appreciate yall thinking of me, but please dont feel like I am going to not participate again or anything like that. I dont expect anyone to send me a knife.

I understand that Radius has fallen on some hard times. I hope that everything works out for him in the future, I have NO hard feelings for him whatsoever. I am going to continue participating in every KITH and Christmas trade that I can on this forum.

Thanks
Tommy

hi tommy,
i said i would send you a knife after i got a sheath put together for it. the knife itself is the very first one that i made,it was the protype of the one that i sent radius.
my leather skills are a little lacking and i am slow at it so thank you for your patience. i finally have the sheath finished and should be able to get it mailed out by this friday.
like i said the knife was my first one and does have some blemishes on the handle and blade, i call it character. i like this sheath better than the one that radius got ;D.
the blade has a 25 degree edge to it and is pretty sharp,atleast i think it is(took the hair off my arm).
i had used this knife before i knew you werent getting one. i used it to peel and entire apple stave and it kept a nice edge the whole time. i did resharpen it for you though.
please dont cut yor self with it.
i will try and post a pic so you know what to expect. ;)
the blade isnt polished as much as it looks in the pic,its from the flash.

enjoy  ;D

peace,
                                                                                   tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #277 on: November 17, 2008, 11:09:26 pm »
Very nice Tim. The knife and sheath both look great. What is the blade made of?

Hey DTiller, did you get the knife I sent ya?

John
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline sailordad

« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2008, 11:55:32 pm »
its from an old circular saw blade,leopard wood scales ;D

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2008, 11:56:52 pm »
Tiller, your knife is on it's way. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy the one I got from you.
I can't post pics at work anymore, so if you could when you get it that would be great. If you can't I can post them from home.

John

Got the knife! It's a Beauty! Sorry, still have not had a chance to photo it. Just about have the sheath done for my last knife. Sorry again for taking so long. Trying to figure out a way to attach a shoulder sling type carrying device to it.  Cant wait to go hunting with it! But in my case it may be a while. The women are SO demanding!  "Where's my lotin! Where's my soap! Wheres my SALVE!!!!" Yada Yada Yada!!!!  ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2008, 12:49:23 am »
                                                    yeah David......Da Wife is still waitin fer Hers!!!

;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline woodsman1031

« Reply #281 on: November 18, 2008, 06:27:53 am »
Hello,

Thanks
Tommy

hi tommy,
i said i would send you a knife after i got a sheath put together for it. the knife itself is the very first one that i made,it was the protype of the one that i sent radius.
my leather skills are a little lacking and i am slow at it so thank you for your patience. i finally have the sheath finished and should be able to get it mailed out by this friday.
like i said the knife was my first one and does have some blemishes on the handle and blade, i call it character. i like this sheath better than the one that radius got ;D.
the blade has a 25 degree edge to it and is pretty sharp,atleast i think it is(took the hair off my arm).
i had used this knife before i knew you werent getting one. i used it to peel and entire apple stave and it kept a nice edge the whole time. i did resharpen it for you though.
please dont cut yor self with it.
i will try and post a pic so you know what to expect. ;)
the blade isnt polished as much as it looks in the pic,its from the flash.

enjoy  ;D

peace,
                                                                                   tim

Thanks Tim! It looks great!

Tommy
Jesus Saves!

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #282 on: November 18, 2008, 09:18:32 pm »
                                                    yeah David......Da Wife is still waitin fer Hers!!!

;)

Uhm! Whats here name and let me check my website. I think I got some more orders in so I need to check the board.

David

Offline sailordad

« Reply #283 on: November 22, 2008, 03:52:21 pm »
well i just got back from the post office today.
wife mailed out chocolate chip and snicker doodle cookies to both the of our sons. yummy

i mailed out the knife for woodsman1031,so keep and eye on your mail box tommy,hope ya like it

peace,
                                                                           tim

Offline DanaM

« Reply #284 on: November 22, 2008, 08:28:49 pm »
Tiller wheres my fancy dancy soap? I told the wife that you were sending her some. She's starting to get irate
think I will but her a plane ticket to your house so you can explain the hold up >:D Hell I'm terrified of her so you best start running ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI