Author Topic: Conditioning for hunt.  (Read 7453 times)

Offline Little John

Conditioning for hunt.
« on: August 11, 2008, 12:26:13 am »
Here is a pic or two of a mountain I climbed today for fun and to get conditioned for the up coming hunt. Camped out shot stumps and had a blast.  L.J.

[attachment deleted by admin]
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Little John

Re: Conditioning for hunt.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 12:28:37 am »
oh the second pic is the view  from the top.  L.J.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 12:51:09 am »
I'm envious!!! 8)     What altitude did you get too.   Any other goats up there! ;D      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 08:39:45 am »
Pat this mountain is only 13,200 and change but I couldn't tell it from the climb. It is the highest in the Laplata group near Durango and about 10-12 miles from where we hunted. No sheep or goats in this area.  Kenneth

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 08:46:11 am »
Beautiful pictures,Ya that ought to get you in shape. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 09:40:48 am »
That takes my breath away thinking about it Kenneth. I bet it was chilly up there on top of that baldy huh....
We climbed up on top of one like that when we we in co. nothing but a big rock pile on top, and windy and cold burr......
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 10:26:57 am »
Good for you Keneth.  Just look at those open shooting lanes.  ;) Justin
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:12:04 pm by Justin Snyder »
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Keenan

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 12:09:10 pm »
Wow Kenneth, those are some great pics.  Makes my lungs burn just thinking about it. good luck this year. Keep us posted. ;)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 02:10:01 pm »
That would make the lungs and the legs burn...beautiful pictures! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Stonedog

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 04:20:45 pm »
I get up at 0445 every morning during the week.  I hit the gym and run 2.75 miles on the elliptical runner on the cross training mode....up and down hill, forwards and backwards.

I then lift weights.  I do chest, abs, back and biceps everyday, switching up the exercises each day.

I have also lost 20#.  It has made a WORLD of difference in enjoying my hunts....
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying

Offline Little John

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 01:05:04 am »
Thanks every one, yep it must be working, this is the fourth major workout and I was barely sore today. I don't think I will be dancing with Elk but maybe I will be able to get there at least. Ryan you are right it is cold on those peaks and scarey, they do make the lungs burn and the heart sing.   Kenneth

Offline 65x55 swedis

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 04:03:03 am »
ya but what is probly the best is the feeling of accomplishment

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 10:32:55 am »
reminds me of home... very nice country.. hope you have a successful hunt... conditioning for the hunt is something too many people don't do and it costs them in the end... aim, pick a spot, smooth release.... look forward to the huning pics ;D HAWK
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Little John

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 11:19:03 pm »
Did not get in shape as well as I would of liked but had a pretty goog outing for the first weekend. Got around about the same as always, huffing and puffing on the backpack out. rain, Rain Rain.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 11:29:41 pm »
Looks good Kenneth! This flatlander starts seeing stars at around 13,000' ;D. Guess I could start jogging, but not sure even that would help in a world where theirs not oxygen, haha. I can still take a lickin and keep tickin though - still young at heart :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.