Author Topic: turkey pic  (Read 5724 times)

Offline sonny

turkey pic
« on: August 13, 2008, 05:37:51 pm »
I rode out to one of the places where I hunt today.
Driving along the power line I see two of something..so far away that I grabbed the camera, zoomed in, got a pic of 'em real quick.
Momma and one smaller turkey that I never got a good look at.

When I was leaving they were back out in the power line in about the same spot, just across the road. This time they didn't stick around long enough to grab the camera.

sorry for the quality of the pic but I was well into the digital zoom, which I don't care to use but they're tiny in the other pics.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline huntertrapper

Re: turkey pic
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 06:13:37 pm »
nice pictures....
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Cromm

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 06:46:06 pm »
I see'em. But can you get'em?????
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:09:46 pm »
 yup thems buzzards

by looking at the pic and considering the time of year and all, cant really tell by the pic.
however thats probably not a hen,more like a young jake or two, the head looks too much like a jakes coloring.

a hen this time of year will usually have many young with her,usually like 6-14 from one hatch,and they will usually
go feed in groups with other mother hens and their poults.

the second bird in the photo looks too big to be a poult from this year.

never the less still a nice thing to see and even better when you can get pics that nice from a great distance like that.

peace,
                                                                                             tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline sonny

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 07:23:33 pm »
no, Cromm, can't shoot 'em right now. I was up there looking for something...

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Cromm

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 08:57:06 pm »
Something?? Did you find it??
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline sonny

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 10:19:16 pm »
yes, I found it.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 10:48:16 pm »
what is it you found?  ;)
Modern Day Tramp

Offline sonny

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 08:13:30 am »
some time ago I walked through a place on that property and found several big green glass wine (I guess) bottles. well I thought I could walk right back to that spot to grab three or four of 'em as a buddy of mine who knaps seemed interested in making some points from them,,,and I figured the points might have some Good Medicine.
unfortunately I couldn't find the right spot and only found one of those bottles.
I think it'd be cool to kill a deer or turkey with a point made from what someone considered garbage, especially if I were to kill it with an osage bow from a tree I cut from that land.......

Offline Cromm

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 06:49:02 pm »
I like your thinking best of luck........
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 10:25:56 pm »
  Oh that get's me excited. I just paid $2500 and signed a lease just for Spring Turkey season next year. It's killing us because we can't go there till after deer season is over, late December.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?