Author Topic: zeroing in!  (Read 11562 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
zeroing in!
« on: August 13, 2008, 06:57:30 pm »
I was out shooting this afternoon and almost robinhooded this arrow. :o  I thought it was pretty cool  8) until I remembered these are self nock arrows and this was my only viburnum arrow. :(   I may try to repair it but that will be later. I still have 8 left. ;D  By the way, these are just my practice arrows. Not my hunting arrows. The artificial sinew wrap didn't survive the hit. :o

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Kegan

Re: zeroing in!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:10:49 pm »
That looks like it counts to me- terrific shot ;)!!!

I pity any poor deer that wanders too close to you this season ;D!

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 09:01:03 pm »
Nice shot Pat.  I quit shooting like that Pat.  I have 5 spots on the target to shoot at.  I shoot one arrow at each spot then gather them up.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 09:04:17 pm »
Justin, usually I try not to shoot at or near other arrows but I was shooting at a 3D deer and this was going to be the kill shot! ;D
  Kegan, All I need is the opportunity! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 09:07:24 pm »
Pat, if you can make it out here in the next 2 months I can guarentee a shot at an elk.  8) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 10:21:27 pm »
Nice shot!  The only time I hit other arras is when they have self nocks.  The only problem is, is that both arras are not where I was trying to hit. ;D
Traverse City, MI

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 11:33:36 pm »
Nice shot Pat! I usually do like Justin and shoot five spots on the target.......but oh yeah, I'm only aiming at one!  :D

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline Little John

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 01:06:57 am »
I did that once and they were stuck together perfectand the artifical sinue did dold, kind of a hollow victory as neither arrow was in the bull and one arrow was ruined. Any way looking good and glad they weren't your new hunting arrows.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Badbill

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 01:10:54 am »
Did someone say "ELK HUNTING" where? and when?  ;D ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 06:14:52 am »
Nice shot,but I hate it when that happens. jamie sent me some footed shafts and I cut in the nocks and fletched,the first shot I split one just like yours and at first I thought COOL,but that only lasted a second then I realized what I had done.  >:( ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

DBernier

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 06:45:19 am »
Nice shot Pat but I concur with Pappy. Looks cool   8)  but the reality of it sinks in quick. "Lord what have I done".   :o  I use plastic nocks on the arrows I shoot in my indoor range, about 18 yards. I have often hit one or more of the self nocks and cried out loud. Don't do that anymore.
  BTW I have three of your iron shafts tapered. Good GOD what are those shafts made of. Serves me right for volunteering.   :'(

Dick

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 09:37:01 am »
Dick, Those are ash shafts Jamie made and sent me. They have been curing in my basement for a few years.  ;)

Offline Scowler

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 11:19:32 am »
That is the only problem with "primitive"(self) arrows.  Once you bust a nock you have to make a new arrow.  Excellent shooting, though.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 11:42:14 am »
Scowler, I will attempt to repair this arrow. I have done it with cedars with self nocks that I split. I have plenty of shafting but I want to see how it will work out to repair.  I'll try to photo the process...when I get around to it! ;D     Pat

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 11:48:07 am »
good shooting brother, if anyone can fix her it will be you ... how would you do it ? with footing of some kind... Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston