Author Topic: zeroing in!  (Read 11579 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: zeroing in!
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 11:56:42 am »
Mike, the one I did before was with a single, long taper and a wrap. I'm still shooting that arrow after 4 or more years.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

DBernier

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 12:35:53 pm »
Pat, I am sure you will think of this.   ???  Cut the shaft, split it and insert a wedge of the same wood. Glue and wrap and with your skills it should be as good as new.   ;D

Dick

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 04:07:15 pm »
nice shot sir....my dad did the same thing the other day...he does it with dart a lot too  :D
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Scowler

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 06:11:00 pm »
Looking forward to seeing how you repair the arrow, Pat.  I never had much luck repairing damaged nocks.  Good luck.

Offline Little John

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 09:46:54 pm »
Isn't that something Was just out doing last minute practice before heading out on the hunt tomorrow. shot just about a perfect x ring with my best hand fletched, sinue wrapped  bamboosa arrow from thirty yards then promptly shot a fletch off of it, was ready to do final sharpening and now am back to fletching. Well at least a fletch is better than a nock.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 11:08:01 pm »
Good shootin Pat! Too bad it was a little too good ;D. At least ya have a chance to repair the arra. Better than the one I just lost in the back yard - I watched it dissapear in the grass but cannot find it :'(.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 12:53:30 am »
Paul, I started out with 12 hardwood shoot and cane practice arrows and I am down to 5 now. ::) The down side to hardwood and cane is a lost arrow is gone for good. They rot quickly.  Cedars, on the other hand are never lost just misplaced. You can find them under piles of leaves, wet, feathers gone and the field point almost rusted through and after a few days of drying out, some new fletching and point, it will shoot again.  I, however, feel better offering my hard earned arrows back to Mother Nature in hopes she will reward me this fall.  ;)   There are plenty more shoots and canes out there and enough obsession on my part to make plenty more arrows.    ;)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 12:54:36 am »
Dang, me to Paul, plus it got dark on me.  I think we can modify Jeff Foxworthy's tagline.... If you've ever mowed your yard and found a dozen arrows, You Might be a Redneck.  ;D

Mike

So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 12:58:59 am »
I resemble that remark! ;)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 09:28:35 am »
Thats a good one Mike ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.