Author Topic: MULE DEER..  (Read 10769 times)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
MULE DEER..
« on: August 20, 2008, 01:12:53 pm »
My wife confiscated one of my bows and has been shooting about a hundred arrows a night. She after seventeen years  announced she wants to bowhunt, while scouting recently she captured this photo and refuses to tel me where this old warrior is. I would demand some info but she is getting pretty good with my /her bow. Hawk...

[attachment deleted by admin]
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: MULE DEER..
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 01:17:24 pm »
Boy, Wouldn't that frost you if she scored on that bad boy. He's a nice un!   Keep us posted, or ask her to, about her adventures. If she shoots a bow like she shoots a camera, that muley is in trouble! ;)  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline John K

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 01:46:32 pm »
Nice buck ! Good luck to her !!
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 03:20:55 pm »
nice hawk.....i hope your wife gets a nice deer this year or maybe elk?  :D
Modern Day Tramp

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 08:44:15 pm »
Those first-timers always end up taking the big ones.... ;)

Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Little John

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 09:06:39 pm »
HawK,  glad your wife will be hunting with youand best of luck to you and her.  Nice buck.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 09:19:41 pm »
As the old grizzled veteran hunter put on the outward display of rage and contempt. For the loss of his prized huntting weapon . The deep inward ,primal spirit that was bound in him was dancing to a beat of a resending drum. Along with the ever louder cry of go! go! go! go!  oh well sorry Hawk couldn't resit
                            Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 10:13:20 pm »
Mike: that is one seriously nice buck, bet he's mean during the rut. Anyway, hopefully you or your significant other can harvest him come fall. Just track her out to where she was taking pictures >:D ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 11:41:16 am »
 Wise woman ;D ;D Nice buck ;)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 02:34:52 pm »
Cowboy, I tried tracking her once, that is how we met ;)  I am sure proud of her for deciding to hunt deer this year.. and with a longbow :o she has gotten pretty good with the bow and is ready for season to begin.. the problem is she is already a great hunter with her camea.. so i fear she may make a closer kill than me and I will never live it down  ;D ;D ;) Hawk A/ho

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 03:08:17 pm »
Many moons ago, when NC had a cold winter every now and then, a friend from work had taken off to the mountains for a few days hunting, leaving his wife at home with the kids.  Every year, she bugged and pestered him to take her hunting and he said no because that was HIS time.  This year was no different.  She wanted to kill a deer, he said no.  Two days into his hunt, I got a call from her.  She needed help bad.  I was kind of skeptical about going over until she explained.  It was just before dark and she came in from work with the kids and groceries.  There was a deer in the back yard.  She got the kids and groceries out and went in the house.  She went back out to see if it was still there, and it was.  She went back in the house and got the first gun she founds which was a 30.06, went back out and dropped it in its' tracks.  I went over, field dressed it and hung it as high as I could in a big maple tree.  Here husband came in the next day bragging about the big six pointer he shot, and she told him to go look in the tree.  There hung one of the prettiest 11 pointers I have seen to date.  He didn't believe she shot it until he saw the bruise on her shoulder.  Fellers, if she wants to go, take her with you, or you may never live it down.  I have a habit of reminding him about everytime I am over there.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 03:17:47 pm »
Some of the finest hunters I know are ladies.. something about a girl in moccasins with a bow O:) Hawk a/ho

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline DanaM

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 03:25:28 pm »
My wife rifle hunts deer and in the last 3 years she has bagged a 8,8 and a 6 all nice deer. She also likes to hunt pats and skrills :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 09:28:06 pm »
I'm gettin all foggy eyed - wish my woman cared a darn about the outdoors. Wait a minute, I'm a bachelor now - gotta track one down :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 08:44:27 am »
That's a good photo of a very nice buck! Hope your wife gets an opportunity for a shot at it...she did locate it by the way.  ;D You wouldn't want to end up in the dog house by shooting her buck!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...