Main Discussion Area > HowTo's and Build-a-longs

Mary Rose Replica Bow Build-Along--An Entrance into the World of War Bows

<< < (40/41) > >>

DanaM:
I moved this over here as it was a great build along and should be in this section.

Loki:
WOW just read every post (again!) what a great buildalong and a beautiful,killer bow  >:D.

jpitts:
Whew....I just read the whole thing.....
Wow JD...that is an amazing bow.....I love all of it...the nocks and all....wow...and the arrows look great too. I've wrapped mine with thread before also. I use silk thread and for the fletching I use a template I cut from a plastic milk jug to cut the wedge or triangular shape consistently. I've not tried a 1/2" shaft but I did follow the BLBS rules for the standard arrow.  I'm trying to remember..I think it's close. Felt like I was shooting a telephone pole....LOL's
Thanks for doing this for us....
Would you mind PM'ing me with the yew dealers list?
I've gotta try at least one .....WOW !!!

duffontap:
You guys are too kind.  These bows are fun to shoot.  I have a sister set of these bows so I need to get my friend shooting them with me.  My pastor/buddy is one of those innately strong people who can just pick up a 100# bow and pull it to full draw.

I'll send the PM.

J. D. Duff

Loki:

--- Quote ---I've not tried a 1/2" shaft but I did follow the BLBS rules for the standard arrow.  I'm trying to remember..I think it's close.
--- End quote ---

Afraid the BLBS Standard is no were near a Tudor War Arrow,the difference between 3/8's and 1/2" doesnt sound a lot but it is  ;D.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,3251.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version