Author Topic: the alabama remade new again point.  (Read 3945 times)

Offline carpenter374

the alabama remade new again point.
« on: August 23, 2008, 08:38:41 pm »
hey all. i have a coworker from alabama that brought me some peices of what i think is ft payne chert. one peice was a broken spear point or knife he said that he found while digging peirs for a boat house that he built. the broken point was about 3 inches long by 1 1/2 in wide and broken off at the base and at the tip. original finished size must have been between 4 and 6 in long based on similar points found in the area.  i got to thinkin about it and thought i could put it away and look at it once in a while or i could put it to good use. after all, the ancient craftsman who made this had no real material posession of it right? it was a tool. he used it until it was no longer functional and then returned it to the earth. so i decided to make a point out of it. it re-shaped it. it took quite a bit and then i resharpened it and noched it. i put it on a  ramin shaft with a pope and young cut turkey wing fleching. it now sits with the rest of my hunting arrows for this fall. forgive me for the lack of pics. i dont have a computer right now and im typing this on a cellular phone. pics pending. 
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety will find that they will inherit neither." -Ben Franklin     

--Carpenter