Author Topic: 2nd Annual Christmas Trade...ship Jan 5  (Read 215318 times)

Offline DanaM

2nd Annual Christmas Trade...ship Jan 5
« on: August 26, 2008, 01:38:45 pm »
As there appears to be enough interest in this, here's the official announcement ;D

One change from last year is Handmade Gifts Only! no raw material, hope everyone is ok with this :)

Gifts can be just about anything, bows, arrows, knives, knapped items, quivers, art work, jewelery, woven baskets. Take a look at last
years for idears.

To our friends in other countries please feel free to join, a number of folks are willing to ship overseas :)

Da Rules Eh :)

1.) Give a gift from the heart as its better to give than to receive.
2.) Handmade Gifts Only.
3.) Post pictures of yourself with your gift when received.
4.) E-mail me one picture of yourself with your gift, please only one picture. Set your camera to its highest setting!!! An 8 megapixel camera set at
640x480 is not high resolution, High res pictures are necessary for publishing in PA magazine.
5.) When you reply, please state some basic info: Draw length, right or left handed, other outdoor interests ie. fly fishing trapping etc.
6.) PM me your name and addresses and whether or not your willing to ship overseas.
7.) The dates are as follows. Sign-Up ends Sept 21st, Ship Date is Jan 5th Please no early shipping, I would like to see everyone receive their gifts at roughly the same time. I will PM you who you have drawn with an address by Oct 1st.

This gives everyone who joins 3 months to craft a gift, even with hunting season I believe this is ample time. Thanks in advance for participating and I hope those of that didn't join last year will join this time. Please be aware that if you join you are committing yourself to this, so consider carefully and don't get in over your head.

I won't be joining myself as I will be doing the drawing and the organizing although I will have a gift or two ready just in case of any snafu's or other trouble.

Send pictures to either of my e-mail addresses:

dana1@chartermi.net

mstqsewer@charterinternet.com

Merry Christmas Eh Y'all ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 01:39:18 pm by Justin Snyder »
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Dane

Re: 2nd Annual Christmas Trade
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 02:15:23 pm »
Dana, I'm in for sure. I missed out last year, and it looked like a great time.

My only question is, how do we know who we are making the gift for? Forgive the maybe dumb question, but this will be my first time participating.

Thanks,

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 02:34:05 pm »
Dane I will PM you the name and address of the person you draw :)
Thanks for joining its a good time. Sorry you don't get a bonus for being the first ;)
PM me your name and address and you also need to follow rule #5 :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline John K

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 02:38:54 pm »
Sounds good pm sent, but i forgot to say i will ship over seas  ;D
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 02:47:11 pm »
So far we have

1.) Dane
2.) JohnK(a.k.a. formerbuthcher)
3.) cowboy

See Rule #5 guys ;)

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 02:55:55 pm »
Pat Brennan,    189 Calico Lake Dr. Brevard, NC.  28712
Right handed, 26" draw, 45#-55# draw weight, I like everything...especially surprises!  :o ;)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline John K

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 03:01:45 pm »
John Keehn I shoot right handed i like 45-50 #'s 32" arrows, i would be happy with anything made from all of you !
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 03:03:10 pm »
Sounds like me - I like everything as long as it's got something to do with sticks and rocks ;D.
 6'4", jet black hair, and ripped - oh, sorry Eddie >:D.
I am right handed though with a 28" draw ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 03:07:43 pm »
Wade - I want in pls add my name to list.

dont really want my address on open public forum so will PM you with address etc. kinda stupid I know as it is public record in a lot of other places...... but.... one less I guess.

for #5:
interested and do just about any outdoor sports. most I dont think u can make stuff for tho. climb, hike, camp, fish, kayak, shoot (rifle, hand gund, air guns etc). course archery too and all archery related hunting etc.
if someone chooses to make a bow would be rt handed 29" draw. but would be thrilled with any surprise.

Dana look for PM with address.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 03:39:58 pm by n2everythg »
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Kegan

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 03:52:19 pm »
I'm in, already shot you a PM. I'm fine with sending overseas, and like just about anyhting primtive/archery/survival related.

I've got a basically 28" draw, right hand, and anything from 65-100# will be good for me ;D.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:19:37 pm by Kegan »

Kyle

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 05:14:10 pm »
I'm in! I'm into anything outdoors, I like everything; oh yeah  I'll ship overseas:)
Draw 27" any weight, right handed 

Kyle

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 05:24:22 pm »
I wanna play too ;D

Right handed
26" draw / any weight
Everything outdoors.
Dana has my addy.

John
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 05:26:08 pm »
I'm in .. I like any thing hand made.. Draw 26" 40# to 70# right handed.

David

Offline Dane

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 05:33:09 pm »
Here you go...27" draw, 45-55 pounds for bows, right handed, love anything paleo, stone, knives, archery related. Whatever anyone wants to create is fine with me. A PM is going out to you.

BTW, this will also be my birthday trade, as it is 12/24.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 06:46:20 pm »
I'm in! I make things slowly so be patient!!!  ;) ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill