Author Topic: A PRIMITIVE Hunter in Alabama...  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: A PRIMITIVE Hunter in Alabama...
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 11:48:54 am »
The snout looks too rounded to be a croc. Looks more like an alligator to me.  I saw this pic a few years ago. You can tell that the man walking is out of perspective.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: A PRIMITIVE Hunter in Alabama...
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 11:11:39 am »
Both photos are real and documented by state game departments. The descriptions, however, are really innacurate. The photo of the gator with the deer was taken near Savannah, Georgia in 2004 by Terri Jenkins, a USF&W employee; and is unconnected with the other photo, which was taken in Texas. The hanging alligator was killed by Texas game wardens on the Bar X Ranch near West Columbia, Tx. in 2005. It was nowhere near 25' long, though-according to Tx fish and game it was 13 feet, 1 inch long. The photo is real, taken by a reporter from a local newspaper; but it was taken from up close with a wide-angle lens, which distorts it and makes it appear much bigger than it really is. The warden is actually a good distance away in the background.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.