Author Topic: Osage Take Down  (Read 7158 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: Osage Take Down
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 10:46:12 am »
Very nice Dano, Justin is right it's brass. Great job on matching up those limbs ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 11:36:40 am »
Great little takedown bow Dano. Is that a commercial sleeve? Big or small?       Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dano

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 12:55:11 pm »
Thanks guys. Dana, here's a picture of the back.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 01:30:22 pm »
...never mind, I just reread the first paragraph. ;D :-[
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 03:27:47 pm »
Great job, you found a use for an umbrella in AZ.  Mind sharing how you worked the wood down to fit the metal sleeves?
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Dano

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 04:52:16 pm »
Kinda tough without pictures Lennie, but I'll try. I started by putting a center line on all parts, just to keep it all lined up, then traced the outline of the sleeves on the end of each limb. Then worked the wood down in 1/2" incriments and test fitting the sleeve as I went, that way you don't get too far out of whack. Then it's just a matter of glueing them on with epoxy and feathering in the fades. And yeah, out here when it's real hot people take siesta's, that's when you can snag their umbrellas.  >:D

Nevada

DCM

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 09:30:06 pm »
Another beautiful bow Dano.

At the risk of straining our friendship, I'm gonna repeat that I just can't get used to the look of your bows at full draw.  It worries on me because to be honest I can't put my finger on why.  At first I thought it was having the arrow pass more above center than I'm accustomed to but now I'm not sure.  On this one it seems the lower limb bends more generously than the upper but I think that may be an illusion.  Don't get me wrong, no doubt a fanastic bow.  I'm impressed.  I don't think I've had a chance to see many of your bows actually.  3 for sure I can recall.  Hope you don't get all fluffed up by me saying.  If I didn't know you better, I would not have been as open and honest.

Gonna be gone outa town over the weekend, so if I don't respond after tomorrow, don't think nothin' bad.

Offline Dano

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 10:05:08 pm »
The only way you could strain our friendship is to be silent David. So speak up!! ;D

This bow accually has a positive tiller of 3/16", it may be the poor picture I took. I didn't have a knocking point on the string, so when I went to beat the camera timer, it doesn't look quite right to someone as focused on detail as you  ::). The bow shoots well, so I don't think it's a problem.

Nevada

DCM

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 10:30:22 am »
"I didn't have a knocking point on the string..."

That's what I was thinking, high nock point.

"The bow shoots well, so I don't think it's a problem."

Exactly, which is why I find it so perplexing.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 04:24:58 pm »
very nice bow brother, love the snakey limb and straight limb combo... HAWK a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Dano

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 04:42:35 pm »
Thanks Hawk, that's the beauty of a take down, it helps save a couple of billets.

Nevada