Author Topic: tiller check  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Strongbow88

tiller check
« on: September 01, 2008, 07:30:15 pm »
I did some work on my new bow today What do you think of the tiller its 68'' long shooting for 60 lbs at 28'' and its at that at about 20'' now. Its braced at about 3''.
                                                                       Thanks for your help

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/strongbow88/100_1344.jpg
Danny Johnson

Offline Dano

Re: tiller check
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 07:37:49 pm »
Looks good to me.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 08:27:51 pm »
right limb looks a bit stiff right out of the fade. keep at her. looking good all in all.
N2
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 08:53:26 pm »
what n2 said other than that looks great
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Shaun

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 08:58:00 pm »
Yep, just a smidge in the first third of the right limb. Then ready to brace at full brace. I learn a lot from the first brace and love to hold out the bow at arm's length and admire / critique the bend at that point.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 11:55:40 pm »
Looked good to me too - and it is. But after studying a tad longer, comparing to the sideing on your house - the right fade is a little stiffer. Not by much though bygolly ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 12:08:22 am »
What the others said. You are coming along nicely.   First brace is a special time to the bow builder. Lots of pucker power!!! :o   You can really tell a lot about your bow on the first brace, even a low brace. Are the limbs twisted, are both limbs in the same ball park, does the string line up down the center of the bow, how is the early draw weight? If everything is going good so far, a few scrapes here and a few scrapes there and you should be right on target....at least that is the way it is supposed to work. ;D      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 10:40:12 am »
Both limbs need to bend more close to the handle. The bend should start at the end of the fades. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!