Author Topic: Conditioning for hunt.  (Read 7114 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Conditioning for hunt.
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 12:30:48 am »
Kenneth, Did you go to the doctor's camp?  Any elk?   Paul, Dr's camp is only about 9500'. Not too bad.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 08:08:18 am »
Pat, yea I found an elk or two each day of the three day hunt, no shots. Looked like a cow was going to come right past my ground blind  thirty minutes after I got settled in and when I got positioned for the shot, the elk spooked at about sixty yards. I thought I was well concealed but my movement  must have been seen or maybe scented. Elk seemed  scarace and no bugling action. There was a big camp at the Dr's but it turns out they werent hunters but just camping, riding horses and nature loving. Not too worried about the elk as I know that just because they are not at home today they always come home sooner than later. Definatly turnen fall on us, rained every night and all day Sunday.

Paul, you are young, what are you talking about?
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 11:36:44 am »
9500' I'm game :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Little John

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 11:11:42 pm »
Mike, Thanks for the support and advice, Hopeing for some meat for this winter, but if I had been rifle hunting it would be a done deal already. So I guess I don't really hunt just for meat, I need adventure,  challenge ,and time in the wilderness, meat and horn are a bonus. 

You got it cowboy, This country is a bit rough but well do able. The roughness is what keeps  out those who have not paid enough dues for entry. Took a few pics but can't get the camera to cooperate with the computer, Any way the hunting area is nothing like the conditioning area.

Pat, missed your company tons on this trip. Big plans for next year. Hope to have enough time to do it up right.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 08:31:06 am »
Sounds like you're having fun Kenneth, hope you're able to connect with one! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...