Author Topic: a Few new projects  (Read 4702 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
a Few new projects
« on: September 06, 2008, 10:56:00 pm »
Here are 2 bows I have been working on in between school and evrything else going on.
The first pics are of a BBO I am working on now, The others are of a maple bow

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:05:46 pm by nugget »
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline nugget

Re: a Few new projects
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:02:17 pm »
Ok was not finished with the pictures yet. That was my BBO . The next pics are of a Maple bow I made for my father in law for his B-Day.
The BBO is 64 NTN 52 @ 28
The maple is 70 NTN  50@28

[attachment deleted by admin]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 11:03:32 pm »
Welcome back, TJ. ;) Looks like you haven't lost your touch.  I think you could get each limb bending a bit just out of the fades but other than that, looks good.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 11:05:02 pm »
OOOOOO!  The maple bow looks very nice. Pa-in-law looks satisfied too. ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 11:14:12 pm »
Thanks Pat . That was my first BBO . I am still messing with it.
The maple bow was my first lefty. He was tickled to get it and is like a kid every time he shoots it

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 11:30:01 pm »
I like the maple also!! how much of the reflex that was put in the BBO stayed? Do you like working the Brazilian osage? Glad to see that you are making time around school for bows..

David

Offline nugget

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 12:08:05 am »
Not a lot of the reflex stayed. That type of Osage is a little different. I have nothing bad to say about it.
Thanks 
TJ

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 08:30:54 am »
They look good TJ and you forgot to mention that its Yooper Maple ;D
Well done.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 08:47:58 am »
Them look good TJ, paw-in-law does look to be enjoying himself. Hey, that looks just like my tillering tree - kinda hangs to the right ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline nugget

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 09:35:28 am »
That compensates for my lazy eye ;)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 12:53:22 pm »
They look pretty good other than what Pat said about the first one bending too much out of the fades. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline nugget

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 12:58:22 pm »
Thanks Jawge. This is my first composite. It was a little different than a stave bow for me. The piece of Ipe stiffened it more than I was used to. Will try again
TJ

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 01:05:57 pm »
Very nice maple bow for your father. And bookmarked under Sept Self Bows of the Month.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday