Author Topic: Ideas fer me snake skin???  (Read 8151 times)

fireman_3311

Ideas fer me snake skin???
« on: September 09, 2008, 12:10:26 am »
I happened on to a dandy Prairie Rattler out in Wyoming the last week of august...but only came home with one....Any ideas what to use it on???  The wife doesn't think it'll work for a loincloth!!!!!  I got it stretched and scraped, and it's purty dry....Now what???!!!

Offline david w.

Re: Ideas fer me snake skin???
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 12:38:45 am »
strap on your quiver?
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 12:48:15 am »
You could make yourself a belt, cover your quiver or add an accent to it, crest arrows or just wait til you get another and back your bow.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 06:59:14 am »
Send it to me and I will show you how to use it on knife sheaths. ;D ;D ;D

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 12:48:08 pm »
Those prairie rattlers have a pretty pattern and look great on a narrow limbed osage bow.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 05:35:24 pm »
Maybe you should send it my way, Ill bet I have a match for it.   ;D You could use it to cover about 12 inches of each limb on a bow.  I have seen a few like that and they look pretty nice.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

fireman_3311

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:55:09 pm »
I like the idea of covering a knife sheath....I have a dandy damascus bowie, that it'd work good on!!!!!  How do I do it???

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 03:38:21 pm »
I used contact cement....put cement on both pieces to be put together give it about 15 minutes and stick them together. Be ready because once stuck they are STUCK!!!
   Trace out your sheath on to the skin and cut it out first. Them go back and stitch it through the stitching holes in the sheath.  If you are making it from scratch, draw out your sheath and skin a bit bigger than wanted, glue them together and cut to shape. Them punch the stitching holes and stitch it together. After stitching trim the sheath and seal the edge. Bees wax works well for this.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

fireman_3311

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 08:40:01 pm »
PatB...Thanks!!!