Author Topic: Hail To All Robinhoods!! Come hither!!  (Read 10114 times)

Offline possum

Re: Hail To All Robinhoods!! Come hither!!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 04:27:40 pm »
This is my one and only Robin Hood of any kind.

Pretty impressive to nail a .17 caliber pellet with an arrow. 8)
Would have been more so had it been intentional. :-\

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 06:41:25 pm »
nice, I don't suppose that occured in mid-air? ;)

Zander

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 03:59:46 pm »
cane arrow shot one iside the other first shot with this set of arrows, the reinforced wrapps was all that saved it from goin all the way.- Ryan

[attachment deleted by admin]
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 09:36:15 pm »
nice! those reinforcements really are like steel on my cane arras too

Zander

Offline possum

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 06:54:21 pm »
Has anyone actually split the arrow all the way down or at least half way?  Kevin Costner split the one clear to the target in his movie.  Yes, I know that is Hollywood but I was wondering if that would be possible.  Seems to me that would be a lot of friction to stop it before it got down that far.

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 07:22:27 pm »
"Mythbusters" tested this determing that it was probably impossible and I believe if you are talking about the old robinhood movie, if ya look real close, you can see bamboo nodes so while the arrow was really split, it wasn't genuine.

BUT I"LL KEEP TRYING!!!!!

Zander

Offline sailordad

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 08:12:19 pm »
on mythbusters when they were able to hit it,it would split and go out to one side.
i think if one was to get a shaft with almost perfect grain tip to tip that it could be possible to get it split tip to tip.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 09:53:34 pm »
actually, mythbusters revisited the myth because of that, they actually had a trad. archer send them a "perfect" piece of cedar which they split & hand planed. good thing we complain to them when we get it wrong :D
what I think may have happened is the arrow was still paradoxing and therefore cut it's way off the arrow halfway into it.......i hope that made sense, I ain't not no good at phrazing stuffs. ;D

Zander

wanabehunter

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 10:34:58 pm »
actually, mythbusters revisited the myth because of that, they actually had a trad. archer send them a "perfect" piece of cedar which they split & hand planed. good thing we complain to them when we get it wrong :D
what I think may have happened is the arrow was still paradoxing and therefore cut it's way off the arrow halfway into it.......i hope that made sense, I ain't not no good at phrazing stuffs. ;D

Zander

Actually, they made an error.. while war arrows were made using a piece of horn in the nock to stop it from splitting which was they're reasoning behind it being busted... I hardly think an "outlaw" would do the same on a regular basis but I could be wrong.

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 11:09:29 pm »
yes, I too was dissapointed that they didn't even try to do it without the horn. they usually do that.

Zander

wanabehunter

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 05:12:20 pm »
im disappointed with myth busters on a regular basis, it more like myths and big explosions instead of really testing a myth completely.