Author Topic: going to glass buttes  (Read 3667 times)

Offline Blacktail

going to glass buttes
« on: September 10, 2008, 11:30:53 pm »
well,i am going to glass butte this week end.i will be staying friday night and all day saturday.we will be slepping in the back of my truck under the stars.my son hasnt done this kind of camping.maybe hear some coyotes.i would love to spent 3-4 days out there way from it all.maybe i can get some pics for you guys.later john

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: going to glass buttes
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:36:22 pm »
Can I go ;D? Good luck on your rock huntin and be sure to post pic's ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 12:54:22 am »
You have to join us for the knapp inn there in march! Freeze with the rest of us while we all break rock together.

I hope to get out a bit later this fall to Glass Buttes too. Should be a lot of fun!

Paul, if you can get out this way I will join you down at the Buttes. (That would be North and a bit West for you souther boys and girls! ;D)
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 08:13:41 pm »
yes,cowboy you come along.the more people the more rock i get  ;D. tiller,i was there last year but it was on the last day.i wish they had it in warmer weather.i will try to post some pics for you when i get back.later john

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 08:37:47 pm »
Thanks for the envite John :). I need to get out there one of these years before somebody decides to make a state park out of it, charge an entry fee, and make it elligal to pick up anything :). That seems to happen to all area's of interest :-\.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 01:55:20 am »
Well, they would have to fill in all the wholes dug by us prospectors out there first. Tourist would fall in one of them pits and never get out! But he or she would sure have a lot of material to make points out of while in the pits.

Paul, the March event is a real experience and should not be missed. Bring lots of warm clothing, a 20 below sleeping bag, and a 4 season tent, food, water and everything else. Yep! That would pretty much cover the basses
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill