Author Topic: Can you here me NOW!!!!  (Read 9038 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: Can you here me NOW!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 12:50:56 pm »
Won't be long until the lakes freeze up, trees are already changing color and had outr first couple of frosts :o
No fox skrills in the UP but lots of big greys :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 01:01:21 pm »

I am with Roger.  We used to hunt in the Big Cypress here in Fla. when I was a kid.  My brother, and I, would hunt squirrels, and my mother would cook them in a stew, and sometimes, with dumplings.  Oh man, I have a craving for squirrels and dumplings......

Wayne

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 01:57:10 pm »
I went to the U.P a couple of years to hunt. It is completely different woods when you cross that bridge. Two of my boys live with there mom right close to lake George. I will be up that way in dec.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 02:21:25 pm »
My favorite kind of fishing, hardwater! Do you get any black squirrels that way Dana? And what's the Pat population looking like this year?

Nice job on the squirrel Knightd!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline sailordad

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 07:07:57 pm »
I Miss Ice fishing And such!!!

just go get your self one of them refirgerators that have the auto ice makers- then you dont have to try and catch it ;)
you just push a button and walla     ice
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 07:35:41 pm »
Saw a bunch of black phase skrills last year, mostly in my yard >:( pats are on the upswing should be a good year ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 08:01:37 pm »
Sailordad...lol.. When I got to MI and seen my first black Skrill I was shocked to say the least.. There was a gas company that stored gas in underground contaners and there property was next to mine so hunting was just walking out the door!!! I dont know how many Acres they had but you could ride around for a full day on the interior roads and not cross the same path.. I was told by my boy that now they have fenced it all off but back then It was open for hunting and the local folks where just about the only ones who knew.. I enjoyed having to just walk out of the house and be in the woods.. OK I admit I miss MI.. ;)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 12:49:16 am »
OK I admit I miss MI.. ;)

There ....I bet you feel better now that you got that off your Shoulder....dontcha!!!! Say hey to Da UP....Eh!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 07:38:11 pm »
Nice shootin' there Robinhood, although I think at least a 3/4 in wide broadhead is necessary for big game ;)

Zander

Offline Postman

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 10:46:36 am »
Nice shot -  need a slice o' pecan pie to go with that.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 08:53:21 pm »
I think that critter heard ya loud and clear as seeing it was the last thing it ever heard!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill