Author Topic: Asymetrical Osage Reflex Deflex  (Read 11477 times)

Offline Aries

Asymetrical Osage Reflex Deflex
« on: September 21, 2008, 05:25:18 pm »
 I have been working with asymmetrical bows for about a year now and have made about 3 straight bow versions, and 2 perry reflexed.  This is my second perry and is the first bow I have made for ME in a few years. This was my also my first attempt at a snake backing. The bow is 65" ntn with 60# draw at 27", made from river cut Osage. The top limb is 2 inches longer than the bottom on this one, It is a Pyramid style with 1/1/4 fades down to 1/4 tips. These asymmetrical bows i have been making are the most shooter friendly bows i have ever been around(maybe i haven't been around much lol). But I have had first time shooters come out who are able to consistently shoot these at 25 yd, with some practice I'm shootin with this guy at 35 yd easy and workin my way back. It is whisper quiet, and launches hunting weight arrows FAST. The perry reflex gave it the extra speed, and made it more than fun trying nail the tiller down ;D.(I have enough trouble with normal asym's, but I'm gettin better :P). This design was a lot is a lot of fun to shoot and make and has been my best seller lately, I'm really proud of this one. Any hints, tips, or ideas would be great.  Ty

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 05:48:04 pm by Aries »
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                   you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline Aries

Re: Asymetrical Osage Reflex Deflex
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 05:34:58 pm »
And some more

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 05:44:45 pm by Aries »
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 07:44:40 pm »
     Nice Bow Ty......but the Pictures must be a Little Fuzzy........It almost looks like a Carbon Arrow in that one Picture........ >:D

I really like the Tips.....and it looks like you did just fine on the Snake Skins also.....really nice Bow
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Aries

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 08:03:10 pm »
Umm ya... that is actually bone polished to a high sheen... cough..  ::) lol
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 09:41:00 pm »
                                                   OK............If You Say So!!!!     ;D ;)

Hey Chickasha...do they still have the big Swap Meet there every Year?? I used to go and buy and swap Hot Rod Parts every year....haven't been in since the Tornado went through though....just curious if it was still a Yearly deal.......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 09:44:01 pm »
Well done! Looks great. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline TRACY

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 09:46:03 pm »
Really like that bow! Very nice job with the snake skin also.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 09:50:49 pm »
Thats a nice bow. Perry reflex is referring to reflex obtained from gluing a wooden or other backing on forced into reflex though,,,there for you have a deflex reflex bow not a "Perry reflex" bow since its a selfbow not a backed bow.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Aries

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 09:55:05 pm »

Hey Chickasha...do they still have the big Swap Meet there every Year?? I used to go and buy and swap Hot Rod Parts every year....haven't been in since the Tornado went through though....just curious if it was still a Yearly deal.......
Ya, and coincidentally it was actually just this weekend lol. They have them all the time out at the ol muscle car ranch ty
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline Aries

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 09:56:37 pm »
Thats a nice bow. Perry reflex is referring to reflex obtained from gluing a wooden or other backing on forced into reflex though,,,there for you have a deflex reflex bow not a "Perry reflex" bow since its a selfbow not a backed bow.
Thank you sir, I did not know that. I will fix my mental definition of that for next time lol
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 09:58:34 pm »

Ya, and coincidentally it was actually just this weekend lol. They have them all the time out at the ol muscle car ranch ty

Figures!! And I was moving Deer Feeders an Stands all weekend....should have took a Ride and enjoyed myself some........
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 10:15:07 pm »

Figures!! And I was moving Deer Feeders an Stands all weekend....should have took a Ride and enjoyed myself some........

ya but just think how much more fun ya will have in the long run,when dat big tirty point buck comes walking up all unexpectidly into range.

peace,
                                                                                                 tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 10:19:49 pm »
        Yah.....Shure ....Eh......Dats whut its all ah bout....ya know!!!!  Wholly-Whuh....da Turdy Point Buck...dats my goal dis Year

8)

2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Aries

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 10:47:10 pm »
WOW... droppin your standards there just a little bit aren't ya? :P     LOL,  I usually pass up all the thirty's and wait for the REAL big ones  ;D   Ty                                               Hmm... Maybe thats why my wall is empty lol
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 11:09:27 pm »
                                                             It's a Yooper Thang!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZOC1QXTQLk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsqAr0ULA2U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUe6CnKAQ70&feature=related
2024...We Will Overcome