Author Topic: Alexacarrie Plantation.  (Read 8804 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Alexacarrie Plantation.
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 11:24:53 pm »
 Thanks, Ronnie, uhh you hunting with an Atlatl?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 03:18:53 am »

Eddie:  I think El Destructor misspelled " Master".  Is that the stuff you were talking about at the house?  Give Claude a chunk of it.  Well I started whacking at some of the stuff in the bucket you gave me, and the big chunk of coral.  The first two, were, not so too pretty good......the second two......well the piece of obsidian, actually looks like an arrow head.  A bird point.  I like it when I say that in front of Claude, and he comes back with " Awful big bird"......I think I will tweak him again, the next time I get back over there.  Any way, I was actually pushing off some nice flakes, and then it broke in half, and became a " Small Poiint"  Claude would like that term.  Any way, I put some blood on my welders apron, and got a lot of flakes, mostly tiny ones, but some decent ones now and then, and some chunks on the ground.  Going to get back at it tomorrow.  Thanks again.  I am like a kid in candy store, with a bucket of old candy that was going to be thrown out.  Some of that stuff is some hard material!  But I am staying the course with it.  I haven't told Tim about it, thought I'd wait till he found out if there was any rock in the stream behind his Dad's house, and maybe I will tell him when he finally gets time off, to go down the river to get some stone.  Don't want to make him jealous......actually I'm just waiting to rub it in.  Hopefully I can remember most of what I saw You and Claude doing with getting them thin.  I'm working on that at the moment.  Then I will try to do some long flake running.  Again thanks alot for the rock.  I hope you didn't find another rifle at the gun show.  You'd better wait till your Wife goes to the store, and then put it in the closet, and pretend it had been there for quite some time.  Oh, and take it out of the box, and blow some shop dust on it.

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 10:52:41 pm »
  Wayne , glad you are playing with the rock. The more you break the more you learn, as long as you study what you break ;). No since in breaking good rock the same way over and over. When it came to getting them thin, you must have been looking at Claude ::) And with all the rifles and bows I have the wife can't tell one from the other. She'll just consult an appraiser when I "Burn it". ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 12:45:59 am »

Yeah, I was watching him pretty closely, but I'm sure I have missed a lot.  I broke a bunch, before I finally got to the point that I could start shaping the arrow head.  I just finsished one today, and it was a bit chunky, and I kept at it, and lo and behold, I made a decent looking arrow head.  I would put it on an arrow.  If I had one to put it on.  That project is next.  But first i have to learn to get them thin, and wide, and long enough to be considered legal.  Still giving my blood as sacrifice to the Gods of the lithic realm.  I think the more blood I give the more I learn.  Actually got some long flakes running now and then.  Just not consistent yet.  Well Eddie, I would be careful.  The Wife just might have already consulted with an appraiser, and upped the insurance. Oh as for the stainless filet glove, I kinda figured it would be a bad idea.
                                                                                    Wayne. 

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 08:24:44 am »
Good looking point Eddie...so many of you folks are multi-talented... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 08:31:07 pm »
  Thankyou Greg.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Ocmulgee Ogre

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 09:51:55 am »
Eddie,
Good looking point.  I've found a few like that over the years. 
Not good stuff?  You don't think the Indians left the good stuff behind, did you?  ;)

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 10:37:54 am »
nice!  i'm guessing the dental tools didn't like the ga. rock?? ;D
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 12:43:32 pm »
Yeah, Tim- the Indians done hogged up all the good stuff a couple thousand years ago. :) I think I can get you a couple more points, though.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Dingleberry

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 04:18:11 pm »
"Theres gold in these flint",  Nice point Eddie!  That's the type of point a tribal leader would hunt with ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 10:21:38 pm »
  Tim, they for sure used up all the good stuff. Then again I probally wasn't as hungry as they were.

Chris, there wasn't much of any dental tools involved with that stuff, just some good ol' Hillbilly rock bashing ;D The gold flake is actually cortex.
Lakeland, Florida