Author Topic: Round 2 of screaming bulls  (Read 19413 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Round 2 of screaming bulls
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2008, 08:53:24 pm »
Tiller, I live for elk hunting, every year the bugles in the hugh lands transform me into a rut crazed bull myself... this time next year if you find youself rubbing your head on the bedpost and rolling in urine soaked mud while bugling obscene challenges at the neighbors.. then and only then are you truly ready to hunt elk ;D ;)

el destructo... No builder error with the bow... was the finest bow  I have ever shot... shot a squirrel from a tree and a grouse in the air the first day i had her... looks like the glue failed on the boo backing probably because our temperatures went from freezing in the am to eighty in the day and back to freezing in evening combined with rainy weather and then dry for days... I would never consider blaming Mac for the failure... his bows are top notch and his craftsmenship is second to none...HAWK 

Mike....Sorry you took it that way....wasn't blaming anyone...thats why I said material too!! I just stated that it would be terrible to lose out due to anything like that...didn't know who your Bow was built by.....or if You built it.....You didn't say which Bow it was....just sad to have anything like that happen at a time like that.........and just for clarification...Mac Who???
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Keenan

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2008, 09:37:44 pm »
 Hawk, couldn't have described it better myself. It really is what my wife and I look forward to every year. We always schedule the majority of our vacation time to the elk rut. And yes elk urine is a must.
  The first time i took my wife (Dating at the time) elk hunting I was explaining to her that if something answers, we were going to have to spray on some urine. She opened the bottle in the truck took one sniff and explained to me that there was no way in God's creation that she was going to spray that anywhere.
  When the bull screamed at us and we saw the rack busting through the trees towards us, I looked back and she was spraying it from head to toe :D ;D  She's been hooked since ;)

Tiller watch allot of video's even though most aren't primitive they will teach allot of elk behavior and when to draw and shoot. Also learning to make the elk sounds is just a small part, knowing what sound when is a major key to success.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2008, 10:41:46 pm »
destructo... no worries brother... i meant I wouldn't lay blame... not you..... no offence taken.. just had a long day and wasn't typing what I meant.... stay cool HAWK
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2008, 10:43:02 pm »
Meant Marc... not mac ;D

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2008, 01:16:58 am »
Lets see, Bugle, Grunt and when you see the bull have your girlfriend squirt urine all over herself.  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2008, 10:41:20 am »
Keenan - that picture of you bugling in your buddies ear, now that's hilarious :D :D ;D ;D ;D. Worth a thousand words - now I'll know how to recognize a rut crazed bull ;D ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Little John

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2008, 11:28:15 am »
Hawk, How hard is it to get non resident tags where you hunt? Wyoming is a totally draw deal for elk isn't it?
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2008, 07:09:12 pm »
yes total draw... must have tags in by january and they cost about five hundred.... with your archery license.... and conservation license... the buggest problem for non residents is finding hunting areas to hunt...HAWK

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Little John

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2008, 09:11:56 am »
Yep, that is what I thought. Makes it hard to plan a hunt that far in advance, especially when you don't know what area to put in for and don't know the area when you get there. Almost need a guide to help out. Colorado hunting is probably not as good as some of the other states, but the best part is the over the counter tags and lots of public land to hunt.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2008, 12:27:51 pm »
Well, the cost for the Wyoming Elk just put me out of the running. I think its WA or OR for me then. Keenan whats the price like to hunt down your way for an out of stater? Man I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about going after one! Grunt, Bugle and Elk Urine !  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Keenan

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2008, 02:48:58 pm »
David, Non resident as follows;   Hunting licenses  76.50
                                             Elk                   361.50
                                             Deer                264.50
                                             Cougar             151.50
                                             Bear                 151.50
                                             Antelope          277.50    :o :o :o

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2008, 02:57:59 pm »
Wow! Those prices make me glad Im a resident. With our sport pack. About $120 WE get all that except the antilope. Plus Fishing licence Spring turkey. Joel
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2008, 07:40:03 pm »
Dag nab it! What is the govt. trying to do? Make me poor?  >:(

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2008, 08:47:26 pm »
Those prices seem cheap for the west.  Colorado is $500 for an either sex tag for non resident.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2008, 10:30:22 pm »
And Texas is ..........General Nonresident Hunting ......$300.00
                            Nonresident Spring Turkey Hunting .....$120.00
                            Antelope Permits ......from $750-$1000.....and that is on top of the Nonersident License
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome