Author Topic: Oregon flintknapping event dates needed!  (Read 3424 times)

Dryfire

Oregon flintknapping event dates needed!
« on: September 27, 2008, 01:43:58 pm »
I have tried to teach myself flintknapping and now have an impressive pile of very sharp gravel - but nothing looking anything like an arrowhead. I need some one-on-one time with someone who knows what they are doing. I know there is a knap in at Glass Butte - what are the dates? Are there other scheduled events out there within within a day's drive of the Willamette Valley? I need to know soon - I need to schedule time off for next year soon. Anyone out there within 100 miles or so of Canby, OR who might be willing to provide some instruction? Willing to barter or pay a reasonable fee. Warning: I work slow but  quality is usually pretty poor.  ;D Thanks all. Great site.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Oregon flintknapping event dates needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 05:25:30 pm »
Glass Buttes is the last week of March. Come join our tribe! OOOGABOOOGGGGAAAA!!!! ;D

Its a good group and you will learn alot!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Dryfire

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 06:33:36 pm »
Cool! Thanks. Just to be clear - is that the last full week of March? 3/22 - 3/28? Be my luck to make the wrong assumption and show up to find only where you guys had bedded down. I'll be there.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 07:09:27 pm »
Its the full week to the first weekend in April. But don't quote me on that! Be prepared from weather that is nice to absolute freezing conditions, snow, rain and other weather has occurred. One minute its nice the next its snowing! Temps at night often drop into sub freezing temps.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Dryfire

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 08:22:09 pm »
Thanks. I'll be sure to wear my thermal loincloth - priority one: keep the boys warm.  ;D

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 12:03:42 am »
Trust me! At time you cant get the boys close enough to the fire!!!  :o