Author Topic: Downloading pictures with dial up  (Read 11183 times)

Offline ahawi stick

Downloading pictures with dial up
« on: September 26, 2008, 03:52:21 pm »
I live in an area with limited options for internet providers so Im having to live with this slow as seven year itch dial up! I have spent a considerable amount of time today attempting to post pictures and text on the Bows forum with no success, suggestions, help , put me out of my misery!
" The Right To Keep And Bear Arms"..Bows, Arrows, Spears, Celts...  Kevin , North Carolina

Online Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Downloading pictures with dial up
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 04:22:15 pm »
Your pics need to be no mare than 200mb and 460x480 mp. If you know what that means you will be able to post pics.....if you have enough time on dial up. If you don't understand, sorry neither do I.
      ;D   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ahawi stick

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 04:54:15 pm »
Thanks Pat, I checked and all of my pics. fall within the required size format, still not working for me, maybe I'm just impatient!
" The Right To Keep And Bear Arms"..Bows, Arrows, Spears, Celts...  Kevin , North Carolina

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 09:59:59 pm »
          my cure.......I got Cable...instead of Dial Up........saves me a bundle on Anger Management and Valiums!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 09:05:21 pm »
Ahawi, I have dial-up at home, and I can post pics- just takes a few minutes for them to upload. Are you adding them as attachments under the "Additional Options" link at the bottom of the reply window? That is how you have to upload pics directly from your computer. You can also upload them to an online album such as Photobucket, then click the "insert image" icon and post the pic's URL between the [img] tags that pop up in the reply window. 
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline ahawi stick

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 10:52:16 pm »
El-Destructo, I cant even get cable! Still working on the anger management though!  ;D
Hillbilly, I am now building a photobucket album so hopefully I will be alot more interractive soon.
Thanks!

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 11:28:26 am »
I don't even do that much work.  I go to photobucket and copy the IMG code, then paste it directly into the subject box.  It will already have IMG in front and back of it.  Add the text and go on to the next one.