Author Topic: 2 Knives  (Read 8275 times)

Offline DanaM

2 Knives
« on: October 14, 2008, 07:49:20 pm »
I posted this blade earlier, well here it is done with a sheath. My daughter claimed it and I couldn't argue so its hers. tried to get her to pose with it but all I got was a raised eyebrow in response ::) Knapped from a slab I recieved from WolfWatcher. Not sure what kind of snakeskin but it was from some scraps Sawfiler sent me :)

This one El Destructo gave me the blade, Thanks Mike :) He also gave me the cholla cactus I hafted it to, thanks again Mike :)
Have to make a sheath for it yet, oh yea this one is mine ;D

"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: 2 Knives
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 07:55:37 pm »
                                         Hey them are both nice looking Knives there Dana!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 07:58:41 pm »
youbetchaeh 8)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:12:09 pm »
  Very, very nice , Dana.  Nice chipping.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Dingleberry

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 08:14:50 pm »
Dang those are nice Dana.  I really like that chola cactus handle.  

El destructo, do you have any more of that cactus? I would love to trade something for it.

Dana, is that thick sinew or rawhide hafting the blades?

kyleM

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 08:23:20 pm »
Daaamn dad, i like them both!! I really like that second one with that weird handle, they are all nice looking knifes!

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 08:36:14 pm »
lookie there! thats some fine knapping your doin dana.
 Yall still got green grass up there :o
Mililani Hawaii

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 08:58:55 pm »
Jonathan, its fake sinew, I traded/gave all my real sinew away ::) Will replace the fake with real ASAP ;)
I didn't chip the second one that was done by a Indian elder and given to me by El Destructo.
Kyle if you want the knife its yours son, after all your sister claimed the first one :)

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 09:30:27 pm »

El destructo, do you have any more of that cactus? I would love to trade something for it.

Whatcha got............. ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 11:35:36 pm »
Nicely done there my friend.  Very nice.

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline John K

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 05:14:14 pm »
Very nice there Dana ! You'r kanpping is really coming along.
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 05:22:43 pm »
My only question is, where the heck is mine?  Those look great.  I really like the sheath.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 06:36:07 pm »

Wow, Dana, that is really nice.  I like them both.  And it was really nice that you gave the other one to your son.  Uh......you know, looking at all the neat stuff you post on here, I've sorta adopted you as my Dad......uh......my Sister, and Brother got a nice knife......uh, yep they sure pretty, ......uh......Dad......you sure make it look easy......I don't have one like that.  Been trying to just make another decent arrow head with Mullet's bucket of rocks he gave me.  Well, once again "Dad"......they sure are pretty knives......Oh,...... I guess you're not buying that huh......Rats!  None the less, they are very nice.  As usual.

Wayne

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 06:55:41 pm »
Both nice knives Mr. Dana ;D. Yer knappin is coming right along looking at the obs blade ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 07:58:01 pm »
Thanks guys :) Stickbender that is the best plea I've ever heard and if I had an extra one I would send it out :)
Its funny because of all the knives, bows etc I've made I don't own any of my own knives, I have 3 bows an osage, a hickory and a sumac, my wife has 2 bows.
I'm giving these stone knives to the kids. I have a bad habit or maybe its a good habit of giving or trading all my stuff away :-\

Manistique, MI