Author Topic: GOOD DEALINGS  (Read 531540 times)

Offline cracker

GOOD DEALINGS
« on: October 14, 2008, 08:39:56 pm »
I was thinking about posting the user names of the people with whom I've had good dealings. I would love to see my user name in a good dealings thread. Maybe it would shine a positive lite on the trade category . Let me know what you think.Ronnie ;D ;D
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline david w.

Re: GOOD DEALINGS
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 10:05:00 pm »
i just had a good trade with Kegan i was very happy with everything.  I have also traded with Mullet he was great but i was slow with sending out my item.  Pat B and Cowboy are also great. :)
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Ian Johnson

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:46:35 pm »
mullet and knightd are good guys to trade with, cant remember the names of any others I traded with but have had no bad dealings

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 07:38:22 am »
 It's too much work to put " my book" on here. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 08:08:19 am »
It's too much work to put " my book" on here. :)

When ya going to publish yer book eddie ;) :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 08:18:21 am »
All my Dealings here have been good ones.....except for one......and We won't go there.....I chalked it up as a Learning Experience
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 10:08:01 am »
I have only had one bad deal and it was before I became a member of PA. It was a guy in Portland OR that set up under the bridge at the Saturday market that I sent a hickory stave to and he was going to send me a west coast stave. 
   I give folks the benefit of the doubt and so far that had served me well...plus if a deal does go  south I haven't lost much. ;)          Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline John K

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 10:32:52 am »
I have had many good deals on this site, DanaM, Carcker, PatB, Bob, Kayakfisher, Auggie, Justin, and i'm sure i'm missing many more but these are who come to mind at the moment. I do have one in the works that i'm waiting on will see what happens there........I'm like Pat, i usually figure that what i'm sending, if i don't get anything back i'm not out to much and just chalk it up as a learning experience !

JohnK
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 11:05:39 am »
I've only had one deal go sour on me - won't trade with that dude again. I'm gettin to be like you Eddie, my little black book is filling up with good folks addresses. Oh, that reminds me. I need to get off the pot on some deals from my end ::).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 01:18:55 pm »
I'm afraid I'll leave someone out.  But here goes....I've had good dealings with:  Donnieonetrack, RidgeRunner, knightd, PatB, ricktrojanowski, and wvflintknapper.  Also, I haven't had a single bad transaction with anyone on this site.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 04:20:12 pm »
Hey John:  Are you the one I got the feathers from?  If so I still owe you some flies.  I've not got the vice down in months.  Been too busy but the next time I get it down, I'll tie double and send you one of each.

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline John K

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 04:25:02 pm »
That was me mike, but you'r not the one i'm talking about.

Offline stiknstring

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 06:13:49 pm »
I too have to get some flies tied for John. I told him I had some done...when I found them they were nasty and rusted like you would not believe.  The hooks broke easily with just tiny pressure.  Now I am trying to get some space to be able to set up my fly tying stuff which is hard since my daughters cat and wifes dogs like to be in the middle of everything.....hopefully I will get the time though to do it at school when our fly fishing club starts up again after Christmas time.  Gotta warn ya though...I am NOT very good at this lol.

Offline John K

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 06:21:54 pm »
Not referring to you bud  :)

Offline cracker

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 08:21:18 pm »
Wow thanks for the response. I have had one good deal with John aka Formerbutcher and look forward to many more with all  the fine folks on P.A.
Thanks Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?