Author Topic: GOOD DEALINGS  (Read 543248 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: GOOD DEALINGS
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2010, 07:13:59 pm »
Heck I've waited for a year on trades but I also was familar with the person and in no hurry.
Couple people on here still owe me but no matter, they will come through eventually :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2010, 07:33:15 pm »
  I'm glad this worked out. I have only a few names of people that have truely ripped someone off on this site. Usually it is lack of communication and what is funny is I always seem to be able to find a way to communicate with the guilty party to get it worked out or find out for sure they intend to rip someone off. It can be done, sometimes it takes a little detective work and effort. I would suggest if you can't trust each other enough to exchange emails and phone numbers then I wouldn't agree to a trade. And if it sounds real good,,, well,, you know how that works out.
  Anyway, it looks like a nice quiver you aregoing to get Mr. Mudd. And I only have 2 names on the list, and maybe a new one after the Christmas trade is finished. If you guy's have some problems or the trade doesn't feel right drop me a PM. I've been keeping my trading list for 6 years.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2010, 08:01:53 pm »
  and what is funny is I always seem to be able to find a way to communicate with the guilty party

6"2" and totally ripped has that effect eddie ;) :D

Eddie there's always one in the Christmas Trade :o :P
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2010, 08:54:27 pm »
Eddie can you PM me that list please?
now I'm curious

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2010, 09:14:19 pm »
Heck I've waited for a year on trades but I also was familar with the person and in no hurry.
Couple people on here still owe me but no matter, they will come through eventually :)
What Dana said, sometimes life just happens. Most of the guys around here will take great care of you. And if they are a little slow, it is usually more than worth the wait.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline sailordad

« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2010, 10:04:24 pm »
man oh man i hope im not on that list. ;D
if i have forgotten anytrade,i havent been told.

last thing i wanna do is mess with someone thats 6' 2" and ripped  ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2010, 11:08:45 pm »
 ;D Tim, no, only people that have lied a lot, or made repeated promises and then ducked emails and phone calls, yep, I'll call.  ;D There is only two people on the list. There is about to be another one if he doesn't answer emails or PM's. I have sent him PMs when I see his name at the bottom, and as soon as I do he gets off the site. Kinda makes ya' think, huh.
 Like I said and others have too, 99% of the people on here are honest, good people, but have a life and get busy with priorities. A hobby or pretending we are Indians or natives running around in the woods shouldn't take priority over family obligations. But everybody can have the courtesy to let the person you are dealing with know you are having problems.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sailordad

« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2010, 12:15:36 am »
good,csue the older i get the worse the memory gets.
see Danas new post lol

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2010, 09:40:14 am »
Well I would like to add Sailordad.  He just got me some shaft material I wanted and he has a box in return as I type.  Thanks Sailordad

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2010, 01:35:51 pm »
I would like to add SteveP. I traded him some sinew and antler for a really nice hickory stave. He sent it right out and it is very nice. cant wait to get it finished. Thanks Steve, hope the sinew works out good for ya.

TELL
Tell Riley

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2010, 02:41:39 am »
working with half a dozen trades now and couldn't be happier. this site is simply full of outstanding people

...there is no smiley to express this. we need a  "humble" smiley....

Offline John K

« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2010, 03:22:14 pm »
Just had a good trade with Okie !  Quick shipping !!
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline sailordad

« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2010, 09:58:35 pm »
well i would add stringstretcher to the list.
we made a trade.i gave red osier for a "few" preforms of rock.
got waaaaaaaaay more than a few preforms,plus a few extra pieces.
two 6.5" long slabs of nice mahogony obsidion that should make sweet blades as long as i dont fudge them up lol

thanks charles ;)

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2010, 12:15:17 pm »
ok got some more to add

skyarrow, mullet, sawfiler, adb, and sailordad

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2010, 09:39:16 pm »
I got a good trade from David Knight. I traded a side stalker quiver for a knife made from a railroad spike. The knife is absolutely beautiful craftsmanship and the blade shape is exactly what I wanted. I lost a good skinning knife some years back when my jeep got broken into. The one I've been using just doesn't have the feel of the knife I lost. This one does. So I'm very happy!
Living a dream...