Author Topic: Had to be an "Oak" this afternoon  (Read 8347 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: Had to be an "Oak" this afternoon
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 02:45:39 pm »
Regular tag has to be 3 points or more on one side, restricted tag has to be 4 points or more on one side thats on the combination tag
Turns out you can buy a seperate archery and firearm tag and on those you can shoot any buck, didn't realize this when I bought my tag.
Michigan has more rules than Carter has pills, confusing as all hell >:(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline John K

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 02:52:17 pm »
Geez.....i'd say so !
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 03:41:06 pm »
In GA where I do most of my hunting you can shoot 2 bucks but one has to be 4 points or better. BUT! you can shoot 10 does. This is with any license. I usually only buy an archery and big game license and if I do go gun hunting it is $25 for a 7 day gun license.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 04:01:51 pm »
We have some areas here that should be 4 point or better, 8 point to you eastern boys:o  We also have some areas that should be 3 point (6 point) or smaller.  :-* A 3 point mule deer will never be anything except that. Most of them lack the mass that they should have even though they may have a 34" spread.  I would like to see them all shot....and NOW.  >:D We have what is considered the only true non typical breeding pool in the world. There are non typical mule deer everywhere they occour but not a whole breeding pool.  I love to see these bucks even if I don't shoot them and it would be a real shame to continue the way it has been and loose the genetics.  The real problem is that the DNR is educated beyond their intelligence and is incapable of making a good management plan.   8) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 05:25:37 pm »
Well I'm off to the woods, even if I see no deer, the sun is out and its 45 degrees with a mild breeze.
Guess it ain't all bad eh :) We've had some killer frosts so I'm hoping the deer will be moving a bit more.
Calling for the 20's tonight, perfect weather eh Justin ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 07:19:06 pm »
Calling for cooler weather here too. Might get down to the low 40's.   ;D I like hunting in a T shirt.  ;)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 08:37:04 pm »
Justin, The GA law is 4points or better on both sides so at least an 8.  Some counties in GA are under quality management and your deer has to be 8point or better and at least 15" outside spread.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

kyleM

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 08:39:52 pm »
Justin, The GA law is 4points or better on both sides so at least an 8.  Some counties in GA are under quality management and your deer has to be 8point or better and at least 15" outside spread.

Im stationed in camden county on the Kings Bay Naval Sub Bas (go figure im in the coast guard and get stationed on a navy base) but the hunting rules on base are you can take as many does as you can pay for! lol they are a pest on this base, i went for a run the other night, and i swear i got chased by a deer!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 10:17:44 pm »
    Heck Son!, Get your Daddy a deer. ;)     
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 11:14:57 pm »
  Cris your a good man, Kept your word and held your honor. Might have to tighten the belt a few this winter but,,,,na,,,, ;D you'll get one for doing the right thing.  ;)

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 02:27:56 pm »
From reading this post ,it sounds like its wide spread.Three quarters of Missouri went to that four point rule this year.Never hunted points or racks !have spent a lot of time hunting for my arrow though.
                   Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's