Author Topic: Message Board Rules  (Read 136166 times)

marvin

Message Board Rules
« on: July 01, 2006, 08:49:07 am »
Rules, rules. Yeah we have to have a few rules but they're simple and straightforward so please read them and help make this site a great family friendly place to be.

Rule #1

NO discussion of politics

Rule #2

NO discussion of religion

Rule #3

Topics and posts should be related to primitive archery in some way. If you want to discuss other topics in life there are plenty of other places on the internet you can go. This place is about primitive archery. Discussions on the use of post-industrial materials (yes that means FG) is discouraged here.

Rule #4

This is a family oriented site and we want it to be child friendly so the use of curse words or foul language is not tolerated. Keep your language clean and respectful.

Rule #5

Play nice. Name calling and personal attacks on others character will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with someone, take it off-line and communicate with them via email or some other way but not here. You’re welcome to disagree, debate, even argue as long as you remain respectful.

Rule #6

No one is allowed to sell or promote their products on the Primitive Archer Message Boards, unless it is under the paid classified ad section of the board. You are still allowed to TRADE under the trading post.

Rule #7

No banners will be allowed as signatures.  Signatures can be a quote, name, etc.

Rule #8

Only paying advertisers (in the magazine or on the website) will be allowed to have links on their signature to their home page and only paying advertisers can post or have links to their websites.

Rule #9

Please note that by posting to this forum you Give permission to “Bigger Than That Productions LLC” the owner of PRIMITIVE ARCHER® magazine to utilize your photographs, digital images, and descriptions in the publication of the magazine and it’s online counterparts.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 09:14:52 am by Marc St Louis »

brian melton

Re: Message board rules
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 09:23:56 pm »
Marvin,

You just plain take the fun out of it for me.....I think I will complain to Pat B about these rules.... ;) Marc is too much of a grump.... ;D

Brian

marvin

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 09:51:29 pm »
LOL!!  :D didn't you hear? your the reason we had to make up these rules!!!! :D

Good to see here Brian. Even though I think you enjoyed stirring the pot a bit too much at times, more often then not I found myself grinning and snickering at some of your posts and I certainly never had to guess how you felt about something :)

Marc's just grumpy from all that cold and snow up there :) I wouldn't count on Pat. He's a mini dictator in the making, "all hail Pat, the supreme moderator!"

brian melton

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 02:09:47 am »
MARVIN,

I WILL TRY MY BEST TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE, I THINK I AM OVER THAT STIRRING THE POT THING, BUT HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK!

I APPRICIATE THE EFFORT YOU HAVE PUT IN AND LOOK FORWARD TO ADDING THAT CUTTING EDGE TO THIS SITE....YOU KNOW...A SHARP DRAWKNIFE IS ALWAYS HELPFULL. ;D

UNFORTUNATELY AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS YR I ENDED MY SELF-EMPLOYMENT JOURNEY, AND BOY DOES THAT EAT UP YOUR BOW BUILDING TIME........ANYWAY....GOOD TO HEAR YOUR STILL AROUND.....AH, oops damn button... ;D

Brian

Trapper

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 06:31:15 pm »
Hi Brian been awhile , Hey Marvin he does it on purpose I know cause Ive talked to him on the landline and he aint nothin like he writes.  Trapper

brian melton

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 12:54:01 am »
 ;D

marvin

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 02:19:22 pm »
don't let that innocent smile fool you people, keep your eyes on the women and children :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 02:13:32 pm by marvin »

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 09:00:10 am »
AH, oops damn button... ? Yah right

Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

elwinbm

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 04:13:51 pm »
Well when you think God is not a loud in schools whats next   Elwinbm

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 08:44:18 pm »
Well when you think God is not a loud in schools whats next   Elwinbm

Nobody said God wasn't allowed, just asked us not to discuss religion. ;) A lot of us are religious, this is just a place to discuss Primitive Archery, not religion. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 12:25:40 am »
Well said Justin!     Elwin, If you have any primitive archery related subjects you want to discuss, please join in. We are all ears...with a little mouth added in.  LOL   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DirtyDan

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 09:45:45 pm »
Marvin, I assume your message to me regarding the new rules about the message board concern my announcing the Primitive Skills and Flintknapping get together in north Georgia.  This is a great event to see primitive skills demonstrated; there is no commercial message in this announcement whatever.  I trust you understand that this had every reason to be announced as being very pertinent to primitive archery.  I myself will be demonstrating primitive bowmaking.  Tim Flood will be demonstrating primitive arrow making and many of the best flintknappers in the country will be there.

Dan

marvin

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 10:02:23 am »
DirtyDan, it wasn't me. I don't know anything about it.

Email me directly to discuss it and I will try and get things straightened out for you.

Offline canoeroller

Re: Message board rules MODIFIED
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 12:19:20 pm »
Gee, and here I thoought archery WAS a religion - just like fishing!
Walk softly and carry a bent stick.
Massachusetts

Offline bowmunky13

• eat more human
Re: Message board rules MODIFIED
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 07:02:19 pm »
hey quick question from the new bowyer in town.... how many of you have wives or husbands .... depending on your gender position.... that are into bowyering s much as you are...? ???
death by natural causes