Author Topic: Message Board Rules  (Read 138993 times)

Rich Saffold

Re: Message board rules MODIFIED
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 01:50:09 am »
So this preacher walks into the bowmakers bar..... :D

Offline crarnold65

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 11:04:55 pm »
Hey no Religion or Politics is fine by me. I have to assume (I am really new at this so please forgive) FG means fiberglass. I hope I am not hitting the bottom with my first couple post but I had to ask.
"A man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep" Hindu Proverb

I added a string to my stick. :-)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 04:06:59 pm »
rules are good, they provide a structure, without a structure things fall apart.

what about  ER !!  epoxy resin,  and if  it holds your bow together?, I  guess then it's not primitve???
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 10:34:20 pm »
 Dragonman, We're not that nit-picky. Glues hold all wood laminations together. What everybody is getting at is paper thin wood Lams that are held together by actual working fibre-glass lam's. Not the epoxy glues , but the woven glass, carbon fibre limbs , etc.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline youngbowyer33

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 12:31:03 pm »
are we allowed to talk about drywall tape for backings(it is fiberglass), its cheap and easy to use and we should be allowed
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 12:48:33 pm »
Youngbowyer I don't think anyone will give ya a hard time for using it but there are better alternatives
and they look better also :) Might I suggest silk or linen, light weight denim, even brown paper bag material. Use Titebond 2 or 3
to glue it down then you can paint it to look nice. Good luck in your adventure eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 03:51:24 pm »
Making Bows and Arrows is a Religion for me as well as for some of us in here!!!
CHEERS!!!

Offline BowJunkie

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 12:42:41 am »
I don't know of any church that would allow you to discuss Primitive bows with the preacher during services. O:)
But then again I haven't been to church in a while, it cuts into my bow building time. ;D
Johnny
in Texas