Author Topic: Archery Games  (Read 7335 times)

Offline MikaelMazz

Archery Games
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »
It is fun to hunt with a bow but what kind of archery besides poaching do you do in the off season. Just kidding

I thought it would be cool to have a thread on archery games that we do for fun and to keep up our skill.
Post a game or two with directions, rules, how to get point/ keep score , or what ever, and maybe some pictures of you playing it.

I dont realy play any games, I just walk around shooting at stuff that catches my eye like a can or leaf. Some games I know of are corn stalk shooting, sump shooting, 3D shooting events, target archery, flight shooting, shooting a rooling hoop, shooting areal targets and others. There are alot of old English games that I saw on a site a wile ago but cant find it.

I dont know to many rules for most of these but it would be nice to learn some. I hope this thread takes off, it would be interesting.
I also posted this on the Paleo Planet Forum.
Mikael   
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 09:17:57 pm by MikaelMazz »

jamie

Re: Archery Games
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:20:38 pm »
knock a block. small 6*6 foam blocks from 5' to 50 yards away. you get a shot if you miss i get a shot. each gets 2 chances to hit the block whoever gets it gets the point. nobody hits it you move to next block. great for your focus and learning trick shooting

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 10:04:49 pm »
Play H-O-R-S-E same as with a basketball.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 10:12:59 pm »
Make-the-rich-yankee-real-estate-developer-run-really-fast. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Little John

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 11:03:08 pm »
You are just too cool Hillbilly. I likt to stump shoot in a hay field of freshly baled hay. Each one looks like a deer or elk and at all different ranges and angles.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 11:04:25 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D That was good Hillbilly ;)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 12:09:48 am »
Tourist hunting! There are tons of them on the island. Just need to put up your blind where they congregate. Coffee shops seem to be where they feed in the morning. Put a free late on a table and just wait for them to come along. They are a bit stringy though!!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 08:23:33 am »
I think we should raise our goals a little higher...go after CEO's, Wall Street Bankers, and Washington politicians!  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Little John

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 09:13:15 am »
You got it Greg.     Kennetg
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 10:49:05 am »
Greg, just don't go after any of those that are surrounded by big guys in black suits and mirrored shades with large lumps under their armpits.......:)
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 11:18:46 am »
Greg, just don't go after any of those that are surrounded by big guys in black suits and mirrored shades with large lumps under their armpits.......:)
Those are the ringleaders.  Get them first......  Make sure you have your running shoes on though.  ;)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline John K

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 11:20:28 am »
Archery golf, for me.
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 03:25:09 pm »
I remember watching Dickie Betts from the Allman Brothers Band on TV several years ago playing archery golf with a selfbow. Looked like more fun than the clubs-and-balls verson. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 11:04:27 am »
I have an uncle in WA that mentioned archery golf...tell me how you set up your courses and play, this sounds like a lot of fun!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 10:54:21 am »
Make-the-rich-yankee-real-estate-developer-run-really-fast. ;D

sorry, but this one is obviously the best.  ;D  anyway, sence noone els around here can shoot like me, atleast not with a bow, (no, im not good, everyone els is just pittifull) i like to go out wit them and shoot at moveing targets. (apple swinging on a string) and most of the time i can hit with the old stick and string what they cant hit with pellet guns and 22 rifles. i get a kick out of it.
lets just shoot it