Author Topic: Anybody like White Ash?  (Read 5608 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Anybody like White Ash?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 03:23:59 pm »
That's why a perfectly designed yew bow will outperform a perfectly designed ash bow, for example.

Here we go back to the whitewood wars.  ;D All this has been hashed out and pretty much proven to be bull crap back years ago by baker, Hamm, and all that bunch. Dan Perry has set world flight records with hickory bows shooting against prime-wood bows. Badger has done vice-versa. I don't really care to delve into it again. I personally believe that no one wood is faster than another by a noticible difference, unless it's just a light crap wood to begin with. I do think that some woods perform better in some areas-it's hard to beat osage and locust here in the humid east.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 04:28:44 pm »
Here we go back to the whitewood wars. ;D

Yep.  Couldn't resist the controversial topic.  >:D I know that world records can be set with bows made from wood other than yew (or other "prime" wood)....and I know about Baker's tests and so forth.

Someday, we'll discover the perfect design for each wood (under various weather conditions)....and then we will see that one wood is faster than another. ;)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 04:34:27 pm »
:)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline akila

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 07:02:48 pm »
I had made a fiew ash bows...i  have noticed that ash can be realy impredictibale.....sometime u find a peace of ash wich is realy gr8....and sometimes it just brake  with no reason....aniway its a pretty good bow wood....just make the bow a little wider....its better choise for ash....