Author Topic: Broadhead glue  (Read 4637 times)

Offline robbsbass

Broadhead glue
« on: November 02, 2008, 03:09:21 pm »
Hey guys, I know this is the wrong sight to put this on, but, one of the guys was looking for a glue for putting broadheads on wooden arrows. I found one that will glue anything to anything,  except water to water, haha, it's called  FLASH and you can buy it at hobbie stores for making model aeroplanes. Its $10.00 a bottle here in Canada but is probably alot cheaper down there. I use it alot for putting guide tips on fishing rods. It doesn't go soft in the heat. and is better than crazy glue or gorilla glue.

Robb
live each day the best you can

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Broadhead glue
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 03:17:44 pm »
            Robb.........Flash is Super Glue...... cyanoacrylate glue.....it's all the same.except that some is gel....some is liquid
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline robbsbass

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 06:13:04 pm »
Thanks for the info, never realized that. The one I use is more of a liquid gel, it fills in the spaces. Just trying to help.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 06:21:30 pm »
Flash is good Glue....dont get me wrong...but it is the same as any other Gel Cyanoacrylate glue.......You should try the Flash with the Zip Kicker Activator....makes it harden instantly!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Shooter_G22

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 05:13:56 am »
hey rob,

i dont have alot of experiance on making arrows as for i havent been making them long at all....   but i have treid the superglue gel on some field points and even a few broadheads... and i have lost some or the field points with that glue...   i do alot of hiking in the woods and i have been taking my bow and praticing instintive shooting at this and that and shooting at cactuse plants or base to shrubplants or anything that i can take a pop shot at to see if i can draw and hit it fast and i have noticed that the arrows i have used the supperglue on i end up loosing the points to dirt or roots...   

when i went to a local archery shop i bought  some glue on field tips for 5/16 to make some arrows from dowels and the owner asked me if i had some hot glue and i told him yea i have one i picked up at acadamy sports and he told me is it the yellow hard heat stick and i told him yea... and he gave me a couple of hot glue sticks from a hot glue gun...   he told  use this instead...   i thought that was real cool of him becuase he even told me i sell the yellow stick over there and pointed at his shelf where he had some stocked but he told me these work a hella lot better for the fact that they dont get real hard when they dry and cool and this is better for the tip becuse it will have some give to it and if its hard then after a few shots into a target it will become brittle and break up the glue and thats how you loose tips...   

i thought that was cool of him to give me the glue stick when...  instead of him trying to sell the other one that would break on me....

soo thats what i have been useing now... seems to work ok...
and i can pick up a package of that at the dollar store with more glue sticks then i think i will ever need for a dollar... i didnt even by a glue gun just heat it up with a little lighter and go to work...

Offline robbsbass

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 10:33:26 am »
Thats great information,Thanks. We all learn, and that is what this sight is for ,helping each other. Thanks again, and I will try your method.

Robb