Author Topic: Random idea lookin for opinions  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Aries

Random idea lookin for opinions
« on: November 04, 2008, 01:38:19 pm »
So i had a random thought today to make a bendy handle reflex deflex with a minor deflex in the center of the bow. Do yall think this bow wouldhold true to most of the basic principles of a standard rigid handled design?     has any one done this before, i havent really had much time to reseach this idea, so i just thought i'd go to the experts first ;D.   Thanks guys   Ty
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                   you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline Badger

Re: Random idea lookin for opinions
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 02:57:24 pm »
     Aries on a relatively short bow this would proably work pretty well, I am thinking under 60". I have seen several like that posted here over the years. Steve

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 05:41:26 pm »
There are several examples of Northeastern Indian bows in that design. The Cayuga bow that we built a replica of as a community bow a few years ago was a bendy-handled deflex/reflex.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline YewArcher

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 05:53:16 pm »
Thats no so random. Its a great idea! As hillbilly mentioned the Cayuga is a great example. I finished one up a few months ago for a gentelmen unfortunatly my camera was dead for the final bow but here is a picture of the inital roughed out stave.....very very rounh bends etc....but you can get the idea.
It was a great shooting bow. I think would have been better sinew backed but this went out a selfbow.

Its the one on top and was 58" long.

Steve