Author Topic: Got greedy tonight...  (Read 4061 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Got greedy tonight...
« on: November 08, 2008, 08:05:28 pm »
and ended up letting a doe spot me.  i was hunting on the ground and at about 5:30 i noticed six does picking their way through the kudzu.  two yearlings were in the lead.  they walked down the trail and stopped about seven yards from me broadside feeding on acorns.  i was tempted to shot one but i got greedy and set my sights on one of the mature does.  sure enough, the first one in line spotted me the moment she stepped into my shooting lane.  she eyed me for about three seconds then turned inside out and took the others with her.  oh well, maybe next time i won't be so greedy.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Got greedy tonight...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 08:13:40 pm »
Keep being greedy but don't scare them all off before next weekend.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline armymedic.2

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 08:19:16 pm »
hahah, bambi on the spicket is better than a doe on the come eh?
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 09:42:50 pm »
thats too bad

next time just remember that the smaller younger ones are easier to carry out by yourself ;)

tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 10:25:22 am »
Hard to to get the jump on those old girls.... Hopefully, the yearlings will get through the gun season and have a few of their own yearlings for next year. You can always make another choice next time... ;)
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Kegan

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 07:06:19 pm »
A yearling in the hand is worth a doe in the bush ;).

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 08:03:46 pm »
 I'm with Pat.  ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 09:23:52 pm »
don't worry fellows, i'm hunting here in abbeville.  i'm leaving the farm alone to keep it fresh for ya'll.  went down today to the farm today and the deer are coming to the foodplots.  the hunting should be better than ever.    i'll be getting there around 4 fri. afternoon.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 11:02:35 pm »
Chris, Would you send me directions from Abbeville to the farm? Ill try to get there about the same time.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 10:03:14 am »
pat, it might be easier for you to come through liberty and onto anderson.  then turn right onto 28 bypass, take that to hwy 81.  81 will take you straight to the farm.  this is the way i come up to your place. 

from abbeville, take 28 to mccormick.  after passing the b and e store on your right, go about two miles and bare right onto richey rd.  when you come to the end, you'll be across the road from de la howe school, turn right onto 81 and go three miles.  the farm is on your left.

c'ya fri!

G. Gordon Liddy